BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-06-2012, 10:19 PM

Default Testicle Pain from Cycling?

I have been doing a lot of stationary cycling as of late and have noticed that as my frequency, intensity and duration increase; my testicles seem to ache or have a dull pain. I'm not too sure if its the seat, the height of the seat, the compression shorts or what, but the ached seems to come for a few days, subside and come back when I start biking a lot again. Any ideas or thoughts?
Unread 02-07-2012, 09:57 AM

Lyle, I know you have put your fair share of time in on the bike. You have never experienced this or heard of this?
Unread 02-07-2012, 10:48 AM

Check the nose angle. Lowering it may help. Make sure you have a proper fit in any case.
Unread 02-07-2012, 05:33 PM

Never adjust your body to the bike,always adjust the bike to your body.

Try to find a bike store where they measure you and from there on the bike is 'mounted'(dunno,do u call this bikefit in English?)

Or check with a doctor in biomechanics.
Unread 02-07-2012, 05:54 PM

its a stationary bike from life fitness, there are only so many alterations i can make, haha.

its weird, its only one testicle that is achy, and it hurts when i do squats and my compression shorts compress that area. might not be the bike, might be too tight compression shorts
Unread 02-07-2012, 06:59 PM

Sounds like a nerve is being pinched/compressed from the pressure, might be some swelling from the longer rides. If the seat can't be adjusted, is this your property where you could replace the saddle with another? Most bike shops have a range of seats that are designed to better fit the male anatomy. I would also suggest wearing cycling shorts if you have a pair, they are snug (but I'm guessing not quite as snug as compression shorts for lifting) and you can "tuck things up" a bit so that when you sit with your legs together, it's all "resting on top" and not between the legs if that makes sense. That might help, but I think you're likely pressing on a nerve that's causing the pain over time.

If you can't make adjustments to improve the comfort and eliminate that pain, I would pick a different bike to use or a different activity for cardio.
Unread 02-07-2012, 07:02 PM
Banned

first time I did a long road ride I was probably putting too much pressure on teh wrong areas and ended up with a numb member. I made sure to doing that again! In that case, I adjusted so that I was putting more pressure on the sit bones (ischial tuberosities) which worked fine. However that wasn't specifically pain or in the testicle alone. unfortunately the life fitness ones dont' allow you to adjust the fore / aft of the seat, only up and down.

wear the compression shorts on a day w/o cycling, and see if its okay.