BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Guide to Flexible Dieting
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-05-2008, 05:35 AM

Bumpbump bump bump bump
Unread 04-06-2008, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strong View Post
What are your main source of carbs
How soon PWO do you try to have your carbs consumed by (2hrs, 3...)
You need to stop sweating over small details like this. In the grand scheme of things the choices of carbs and the time they're consumed isn't as important as long as total intake is in check.
Unread 04-07-2008, 09:53 AM

Reality check, thank you!
Unread 04-07-2008, 11:29 AM

Sorry for not getting back sooner on this. So far, it's working really well. I seem to be dropping about 1 lb per week like clockwork. This is after coming of PSFM 6-8 months and only getting down to 172 and also having give UD2 a try a couple of times, so to eat in a fashion that's this easy and to get the results I'm getting is great.

As far as results, my waist has dropped from 33 to right around 30. I was at 161 last Friday (blew it last week, friends b'day celebration).Definition is improved all over and my strength is up on all major lifts. I would guestimate my bf to be ~8 or 9%.

I tried 3 refeeds per week for a couple of weeks in the beginning and filled out really well but was not losing any fat. When I cut it down to two per week, that's when I started seeing the changes and they started coming pretty fast. When things did start getting slow a few weeks ago, I added two more cardio sessions per week (per Lyle's sugestion) and that seems to have kept the ball rolling. I just added another 40 min session of elliptical on my low calorie days (SFP at noon and the easy session around 8:00 pm). I keep my HR around 130-140. nothing too intense.

As far as carbs go, I eat an apple (35g C)about an hour before my workout, then right after I get back from lifting, I eat a bagel (60g C) and Gatorade (50g C). I'll wait an hour and then have 1.5 cups of oatmeal (80g C) with brown sugar (40g C), wait another hour and have a turkey wrap (20g C). That about does it for my daily carbs except for the green veggies I'll eat at night.

As for being a maintenance plan, so far it's a losing plan for me. When I stop losing, I'll probably add in one more refeed day and try to add a little muscle if possible. It's a very easy way to diet and I'll probably continue with this program indefinitely.
Unread 04-07-2008, 12:09 PM

Hey thanks for the input. SO far I am one week into my "maintenance", and as you pointed out with yourself, I also lost more weight 3.5 lbs down from last week, and that was with 3 refeeds. But my carbs are still entirely too low (only about 75 gms PWO), so i think once I can get over all that this will be an excellent maintenance/slow bulk approach. Continue to log your progress as it is convient. I'd like to see how this pans out for you.
Unread 04-07-2008, 01:37 PM

Sure, no problem.
Unread 04-28-2008, 02:09 PM

Lyle,

For the workout in the middle of the week (on a lower calorie day), what type workout would be most beneficial for maintaining muscle mass? A depletion style workout, or something more along the lines of a tension or power style (in reps and sets)?
Unread 04-28-2008, 03:24 PM
Administrator

low volume tension workout, couple of heavy sets in a 5-8 rep range
Unread 04-29-2008, 02:30 PM

Thanks for the response Lyle. This got me to thinking about my Monday and Friday workouts. Since I have a diet in place that seems to be working for fat loss and maintaining my LBM, does my current workout plan look optimal? I would like to continue losing fat but and keep or possibly add muscle on my refeed days. I'm looking at long range goals, nothing fast, if it's even possible. Here is what I am currently doing. I'd appreciate any suggestions to my routine as I am open to changing it if it can help me.

Monday and Friday (Refeed centered around workout)

Leg Press or Squat 3x10
Leg Extension 3x10
Leg Curl 3x10
Calf Raises 3x10
Incline Bench 3x10
Flat Bench 3x10
Pulldowns or Assisted Pullups 3x10
Rows 3x10
DB Front,Side,Rear Lateral Raises or Overhead Press 3x10
Shrugs 3x10
DB Curls 3x10
Close Grip Bench or Tricep Pressdowns 3x10