BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Guide to Flexible Dieting
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-27-2008, 10:49 AM

yea i was just looking at different ways to deplete gylcogen before thanksgiving, too go crazy
Unread 11-27-2008, 10:49 AM
Administrator

Just so people won't waste time, Ben Cohen appears to be Eric Marks (based on IP), a guy who did nothing but ask the same questions repeatedly wihtin the same thread. Please ignore him.
Unread 11-28-2008, 10:20 AM

Duly noted.

Lyle I just wanted to thank you for the holiday article, good I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post..

I started to ramp up cardio a few days ago, and kept the bulking surplus very low starting Sat, and ended up generating a small pre emptive deficit by Thurs morning.

Then Thurs morning I did my usual upper routine but added the burnout set after the heavy stuff alla wenborn, and banged out 3-4 intervals at the end.

Then ate IF with the family.

I was able to unleash yesterday and just have fun, not worry about counting. My sister is like, "you realize you ate a lb of turkey before you ate anything else right?"

I was like "yup... preemptive protein bomb!" no sign of fat spillover yet!
Unread 11-28-2008, 11:49 AM

we know that exercise bulimia will be in full swing today at many gyms with people pounding away to burn off all those extra calories they consumed yesterday. Most of this due to the burden of guilt that that second helping of stuffing and pie created.

My question is.......isn't exercise bulimia where someone feels bad about eating so much that they exercise off the weight after just as bad as knowing you are going to gorge yourself so you exercise intensely before hand in hopes of depleting enough muscle glycogen so that the gorge meal doesn't "turn to fat"? It seems like the same thing to me but people think that exercising first is a more mentally stable approach. I think that they are both pretty I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.ed up mentally.
Unread 11-28-2008, 11:55 AM
Administrator

Bulimia implies a level of pathology and self-harm, that's where you cross the line from healthy to unhealthy. When you start doing damage to yourself physically, mentally or otherwise.

Training a little bit extra b/c you know you'll be eating more isn't the same IMO.

Or, from the Wiki, bolded for emphasis. This is what separates and extreme behavior from a pathological one, when you start causing self-harm, losing things like jobs, friends, loved ones, your health b/c of it. That's why being sad isn't the same as depression. Being sad is being sad, being sad to the point that you can't get out of bed, lose your job, lose your friends is a disorder called depression.

"Exercise bulimia is a subset of the psychological disorder called bulimia in which a person is compelled to exercise in an effort aimed at burning the calories of food energy and fat reserves to an excessive level that negatively affects their health. The damage normally occurs through not giving the body adequate rest for athletic recovery compared to their exercise levels, leading to increasing levels of disrepair. If the person eats a normally healthy and adequate diet but exercises in levels they know require higher levels of nutrition, this can also be seen as a form of anorexia."
Unread 11-28-2008, 12:09 PM

fwiw, I ate almost an entire pumpkin pie yesterday. I intended on saving a bit for a friend, but thought it would taste better if I just ate his portion.

then I went out for dinner and had more good food and dessert

edit: I woke up 30lbs heavier and am now obese
Unread 11-28-2008, 12:23 PM

LOL @ JC

Yeah what Lyle said. Is it a bit neurotic? Sure. Pathology? Don't think so. Especially if guilt wasn't a motivator, but wanting to avoid an ill effect through calculated manipulation of intake vs exp.

Further you could argue its responsible. The average fat sedentary I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post. will eat themselves to death and then eat some more to deal with the guilt. If anything is pathological, its over eating 365 days a year, wrecking your body and pretending you don't care.

At least we're being responsible and intelligent with the energy intake vs expenditure and creating a blanket within which we can be stupid with the food intake for a few hours.

Not that different than saving a little splurge money for the holiday season buy cutting back on unnecessary expenditure really.

And all that aside, allgenetix I wanna know how you've been bulking for a goddamned year and have a mid section like that. Jesus!
Unread 11-28-2008, 12:46 PM

i agree that if guilt wasnt a motivator in pre or post exercising then it wouldnt be a situation, but for most, it is.

and my bulk has been slow, partially due to spinning my wheels for a given time, partially due to I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.ed up hormones, but i have been smart about my training and diet and not worried about immediate results, when you are happy with your body and you don't want to do too much, you have time to work for what you want.
Unread 11-28-2008, 01:06 PM

well said. so are you basically generating a small enough surplus that you only gain about 1 lb a month? Does the math workout when you look at it?
Unread 11-28-2008, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeyZS View Post
well said. so are you basically generating a small enough surplus that you only gain about 1 lb a month? Does the math workout when you look at it?
ya i was about 3.5-4k cal a day which isnt a big surplus but it adds up over time. i recomped more in the beginning, then got uber lean from that and am now just worried about LBM.