BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Guide to Flexible Dieting
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-06-2008, 10:01 AM

Default Refeeds

I have a question regarding doing a full day refeed.
Do you keep the fats for the whole day under 50 grams?
I did my refeed yesturday and I took into too much fat (around 100 grams). Just curious for my next refeed. My calories for that refeed were around 4000. Also, when doing a fullday refeed, are the calories generally 20-50% more than maintenance calories?
Thanks!
Unread 06-06-2008, 10:14 AM

Try to keep it under 50 or so; this will help prevent fat storage.

The fun way to do it is to have more fat - pizza, ice cream, donuts, etc - but it won't work as well. If you had something like this for one meal I doubt it's anything to worry about, but they all shouldn't be high carb and fat.

Calories could be anwhere. It depends on what you do the rest of the week as far as diet and exercise, current body fat level, and of course genetics. You'll have to use trial and error each time you refeed. The key is to eat as much as possible without adding body fat.
Unread 06-06-2008, 11:37 AM

Okay. One question: I've caluclated my maintenance calories to be 2025 and I classified myself as a level 1 exerciser and a level 2 dieter (basically I'm very active but trying to drop the last ten pounds). So from there, I've decided I'm going to do a refeed every two weeks making it a fullday thing. Do I just bump up maintenace to 20-50%..? Starting at the lower end?
Thank you!

Last edited by run79 : 06-06-2008 at 11:40 AM. Reason: none specified
Unread 06-06-2008, 08:52 PM

It will probably take a couple times to master. I know I'm going through my first re-feed, and I've defintily made some miscalculations on the macros, mostly just getting more protien than I needed. I was aiming for basically 5500 calories, but I'm gonna end up near probably 5900-6000 because I want to assure I hit my carbs. Lyle says in the book that it generally takes a couple cycles to get everything down path. I got my restriction days down, but the re-feed needs some tinkering.
Unread 06-17-2008, 05:54 AM

Another question. I'll just add to this one.
This Sunday I would like to do my refeed over the whole day.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but should I calculate the full day to be:

Maintenance + 20-50%?

My maintenance right now is around 1900-2000 calories.

I'm just shooting in the dark right now.
Unread 06-17-2008, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by run79 View Post
I'm just shooting in the dark right now.
Why?

The advice I gave earlier is from UD2, in which Lyle goes into incredible detail about how to set calories/carbs, so I can't really answer your question. Is Flexible Dieting not like this?
Unread 06-17-2008, 07:56 AM

hi..
I don't own UD2, but flexible dieting is good!
I did a full day refeed and I found I got in as many calories as I did for a 5 hour refeed, which is why I was confused, make sense?

I was unsure if a five hour refeed is 5 hours (or two meals) of calories plus what you ate beforehand..say you had breakfast at 7, snack at 9:30, lunch at 12noon then second snack at then a start of a refeed at 4pm then go until 9 pm. So the full day is what I'm trying to figure out.

That's why I wanted to do the full day refeed because it would be easier to calculate.

What do you do for a 5 hour refeed??
Unread 06-17-2008, 10:04 AM
Administrator

don't count the day's earlier meals

so say you're doing a 5 hour refeed from ~4pm-9pm (you might do this around a 5pm workout)

don't count breakfast at 8am and lunch at 12pm in the totals. just start counting from the first carb heavy meal at 4pm until bedtime)

for a one day refeed, yo'ure actaully just really refeeding from breakfast to bedtime so it's more like 16 hours.

hope that makes sense.
Unread 06-19-2008, 11:10 AM

That does!
It's clicking now. Thanks Lyle!
Unread 07-17-2008, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
don't count the day's earlier meals

so say you're doing a 5 hour refeed from ~4pm-9pm (you might do this around a 5pm workout)

don't count breakfast at 8am and lunch at 12pm in the totals. just start counting from the first carb heavy meal at 4pm until bedtime)

for a one day refeed, yo'ure actaully just really refeeding from breakfast to bedtime so it's more like 16 hours.

hope that makes sense.
Lyle,

What's the difference between doing a 5 hour refeed and a full day refeed besides the obvious one of time?? Are there any advantages/disadvantages of doing either?? I'm a Cat 2 dieter and attempting to get all my carbs in the 5 hour window is really tough. Can I do it over a day from breakfast through dinner would that be okay??

Thanks