BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 07-14-2017, 09:32 AM

Default How can I do Crossfit without going backwards/overtraining?

Hi all,

I'm a 36 year old, 6ft 90kg male and a passionate gym goer and an OK intermediate lifter 120kg bench, chin up@bodyweight plus 40kg for 3 reps, Squat 140x3RM, etc, etc. I'm beyond or touching personal PR levels (for me) in a few lifts which I'm happy about (aside from my DL and SQ due to groin injuries).

Anyway, even though it's not optimal for anything really, and it is suboptimal in loads of ways I still really fancy giving Crossfit a go for a few months just for a change of scenery and an opportunity to show my naked torso in a gym environment without stigma (which is why we all do it isn't it lol). I think I'd really enjoy the competitive element and the fact it looks fun/a bit different is all cool. Meh, the programming sucks but whatever :-)

Anyway,

What would be the best way to do Crossfit training whilst ideally keeping all of my current strength levels for a few months?

Part of me thinks of a few ways to do it but I just can't figure a way to do a strength routine without giving myself a sizeable risk of overtraining once I add in the crossfit stuff. Does anyone have any advice about how to do it? Or am I overthinking things and a few months of suboptimal (but intense) training shouldn't make any difference at all really? Thanks all.