BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-12-2017, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
Thanks. But specialization is not a best option for me, now
Given the appalling routine you devised above, I highly doubt you're in much of a position to be opining on what is or is not the best option for you.

And on that note, my best advice would be simply to strip the fluff off of this routine, and then it will be good
Unread 08-13-2017, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPecsPeter View Post
my best advice would be simply to strip the fluff off of this routine, and then it will be good
give an example, please
Unread 08-13-2017, 06:58 AM

Not sure what you want. People have given you their opinion and you've consistently rejected anything other than your original plan. Go do this routine and be happy. Post progress pics later to prove everyone wrong.
Unread 08-13-2017, 10:40 AM

Quote:
give an example, please
It's a hard question to answer. The GBR upper body days are a good start but you can add or remove things as needs, goals, recovery, etc. dictate.

So say you start with something generic like:
Chest 1
Back 1
Chest 2
Back 2
A bit of bi's and tri's

Not a bad start, really. Now say you want to add some lateral raises and rear delt flies for optimal growth/balance in the shoulders. Maybe this works, or maybe you find that 8 exercises for the upper body day just makes the workout too much, and contributes to excessive fatigue when taking the whole program into consideration.

Maybe you can...

...get away with only one chest exercise (perhaps on only one of the days, if you have two different ones)

...move some of the arm work to another day

...move the delt work to another day, or just use one exercise that has plenty of overlap

...split the upper body up in some other way, whether it be push/pull or chest+back/delts+arms or some kind of customized or specialized setup

...just use isolation moves for your second chest and/or back exercise to preserve some energy

...move some bodyparts to maintenance (reduce volume and/or frquency, maintain intensity)

There is always stuff you can do, and various pros and cons when it comes to programming.

Last edited by AlphaBettor : 08-13-2017 at 10:43 AM.
Unread 08-14-2017, 10:06 AM

Quote:
give an example, please
Basically, to make it better you just strip it of all the fluff. Then it's a proper routine.
Unread 08-14-2017, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsertCleverNameHere View Post
Not sure what you want. People have given you their opinion and you've consistently rejected anything other than your original plan. Go do this routine and be happy. Post progress pics later to prove everyone wrong.
Hi! Thank you for answer. I appreciate all your helpful advises and make adjustments to the program.

Of course, I can post photos of my physique anytime, if it's nesessary.
Unread 08-14-2017, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaBettor View Post
It's a hard question to answer. The GBR upper body days are a good start but you can add or remove things as needs, goals, recovery, etc. dictate.
Thank you for your answer!

Of course, you're right. GBR is perfect starting point, but I really need additional volume to delts. If I reduse volume, delts will probably start to regressing. 3 sets twice a weeks is a minimum. To save time, I'm using Myo-reps, by the way. Absolutely love it.

I also using another split for a 2 years (Legs+Back / Chest+Delts+Arms / Back+Legs / Delts+Arms+Chest), good, but not even close to ideal. Hurting for shoulder joints, by the way.

Now, I rebuild my "Upper" Days. (SBM, thank you for adviсe)
1 Bench Press
2. Row
3. OHP (split volume between two training session)
4. Lat Pulldown
5. Incline crossover flyes MYO-REPS (the best thing for chest. Really taught me benching with a pecs!)
6. Cable pullover MYO-REPS (Candidate for removal) hello to BestPecsPeter)
7. Rear delts llyes
8. Lateral raises MYO-REPS
9. Bi's
10. Tri's

Last edited by Purple Haze : 08-14-2017 at 02:16 PM.
Unread 08-14-2017, 02:31 PM

In my personal experience, fatigue sets in after the first 3-4 exercises. If you focus on 10 exercises, I can imagine it's becoming a real drain after a few weeks/months.

Just an idea:
Do biceps and triceps exercises on the first Upper day and delt exercises on the second Upper day.
Unread 08-14-2017, 02:35 PM

Hang on... OP, you juicing?
Unread 08-14-2017, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinism View Post
In my personal experience, fatigue sets in after the first 3-4 exercises. If you focus on 10 exercises, I can imagine it's becoming a real drain after a few weeks/months.

Just an idea:
Do biceps and triceps exercises on the first Upper day and delt exercises on the second Upper day.
Hello!
2nd month in a caloric deficit. Everything is ok. Possibly, I can complete that workout in 75-90 minutes. (I will measure it tomorrow)

Last edited by Purple Haze : 08-14-2017 at 03:01 PM.