BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > UD 2.0
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-12-2017, 12:55 PM

Question Female/Difficult Fat Loss/Periods

Hi I am brand new to this forum!
Being a female on this diet, I have not come across many other posts from fellow females regarding the topic I wanted to address.
I started the UD2.0 on Tuesday and I am on day 5 of the diet. I had questions about how a woman's mentrual cycle affects this diet and how women tend to be harder losers in terms of fat loss..

I am very unsure if I am doing all of my calculations right, but here are my stats:

Height: 62.5 inch
Starting Weight: 125 lbs
Current Weight: 128 lbs
Lean Body Mass: 101 lbs
Body Fat: 19.5%

Goal Weight 119 lbs

Maintenance calories: 1750 kcal

calories for days 1-3: 1200 kcal
Carb (g) 65-70
Protein (g) 140
Fat (g) 40-42

calories for day 4AM: 900 kcal
Carb (g) 50-60
Protein (g) 120
Fat (g) 20-24

calories for day 4PM: 3034 kcal
Carb (g) 545-737
Protein (g) 101
Fat (g) 50-65

I really want to get this right because I have been really struggling to lose the last 5-10 pounds for the past year and a half. I have tried all kinds of diets and my body does not seem to respond to anything.

Also, I am currently on my period and I know that it is supposed to contribute to some weight gain (water weight) during the cycle, which is probably why my current body weight is 3 pounds heavier than my starting weight. BUT since I am VERY irregular and sometimes get my period 2 times a month, I can't completely attribute the weight gain to it. It could also be the start of my Carb Load days.

Please if you can help me out in any way, I would love the help. I have worked very hard to get myself to 125 lbs and I gain weight EXTREMELY easily so I need to be careful when it comes to overeating.
Unread 08-12-2017, 08:02 PM

Not sure if you know but Lyle is writing a book for females right now, I guess he's been at it awhile but he has some interviews with him addressing woman's issues and fat loss. I've seen about 3 different ones so far and my wife has found them very helpful and enlightening. Definitely going to get the book when it comes out but I'm almost sure he addresses this issue as ad nauseam therein.

How long have you been dieting? I love diet breaks and always suggest them, a nice tempered refeeds and maintenance cals for 2-3 weeks and go back to it.

I don't want to comment to much since I just don't know much about the plights of female wieghtloss

And welcome to the forum

"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
Socrates
Unread 08-13-2017, 03:29 AM

You're pretty lean, that may be a cause of your irregular cycle as well.

UD2.0 is not specifically for women, so protocols for the menstrual cycle are not specifically incorporated.

I'm not sure if it's a smart thing to do, but you may pick the 14-day version to have more control over how the menstrual cycle lines up with when to cut and when to bulk and lift heavy.
Unread 08-13-2017, 08:46 AM
Administrator

There's a lot potentially going on here and I am writing an entire book on the topic.

Have you always had irregular periods? Or just recently? The former is very different from the latter.

For UD2, you need to focus on longer term changes and this is true of any diet

Don't compare pre and post-carb load for example, and if weight suddenly spikes one week, it has to be water. Give it a week or two and see where you are.

For normally cycling women, you have to compare week 1 to week 1, week 2 to week 2, etc. Of course with an irregular cycle that becomes useless

Just track weekly or even daily cahnges and look at the overall trend line. Single measurements tend to be misleading and meaningless.
Unread 08-18-2017, 07:06 PM

Thank you both for your replies. To respond to Lyle, my menstrual cycles have always been irregular so it becomes very difficult for me to differentiate fat gain from water weight gain.

Since my original post, I have returned to my original weight, therefore It was most likely due to water retention, but no weight loss yet. I am tracking my weight daily to see any fluctuations and I wanted to give it another 2 or 3 weeks to see if I lose any fat..

However, knowing how stubborn my body is, I think i might need to decrease my calories even more.

Any recommendations on how much to decrease by?