BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Supplements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-05-2016, 08:20 AM

Peripheral neuropathy due to dinitrophenol used for weight loss: something old, something new - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3589300/

The pathophysiology of dinitrophenol-induced neuropathy remains unknown, but likely results from uncoupling of oxidative phosphorylation. Depletion of intracellular adenosine triphosphate levels may impair neuronal processes such as fast axonal transport, which is highly energy-dependent, or axonal Na+/K+ pump function, which utilizes approximately 50% of the axonal energy requirement.

^ Interesting note.

btw trying to use Quercetin to avoid the DNP reaction is stupid. At least use a real Anti-Histamine instead of some bullI need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post. supplement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_allergy - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adverse_drug_reaction

Anti-Histamines won't help you anyway once you've reacted, the only thing that will rid your hives/rash when they come up will be Cortisone.
Unread 03-05-2016, 05:58 PM

Having done multiple cycles, I learned for me the lower dose for longer is better. I tried 375 crystal for 4-5 days then an increase to 500mg straight up sucked. I can now tolerate 375mg but even then, the fatigue and sleep is very noticable.
Unread 03-07-2016, 01:10 PM

How do you guys deal with cravings?

So assuming 600mg would boost my metabolism about 50% and I burn about 5000kcal(tracked with Fitbit HR).

This would mean in reality I'm burning 7500kcal?
Unread 03-07-2016, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilden92 View Post
How do you guys deal with cravings?
- Eating
- Taking ephedrine
- Reduce DNP amounts

No secrets, diet is difficult in DNP if you shot high doses, but burning fat is like a locomotive.
Unread 03-07-2016, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilden92 View Post
So Daily Intake at a steady level with 400mg ed would mean a 40% Boost and 600mg daily would boost round about 60% and so on...?

with this in mind your answer with a boost (100%) could be correct, cause if you take 1000mg every day you reach a steady level about 2700mg!
1000 mg/day is a dangerous dose. Most people can't tolerate that much without severe side effects. Some people online have claimed they do short cycles at 1000 mg/day, but I've also read stories of doses like that leading to emergency room visits and hospital stays.

Lower doses for a longer period are safer and easier.
Unread 03-07-2016, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetimenatty View Post
btw trying to use Quercetin to avoid the DNP reaction is stupid. At least use a real Anti-Histamine instead of some bullI need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post. supplement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_allergy - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adverse_drug_reaction

Anti-Histamines won't help you anyway once you've reacted, the only thing that will rid your hives/rash when they come up will be Cortisone.
I've been taking 2 grams a day quercetin along with zyrtec in the morning and benadryl in the evenings with my new cycle. I'm 9 days in as of today. So far so good. I'm slightly itchy since bumping the dose up to 150 mg/day. Nothing major, and no hives or rash.

One of the original studies said something like 20% of patients had an allergic reaction. Itching usually happened first before visible symptoms like a rash. I get the feeling I'd break out in a rash or hives in a few days at 300 mg/day with no quercetin or antihistamines.
Unread 03-09-2016, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m314 View Post
I've been taking 2 grams a day quercetin along with zyrtec in the morning and benadryl in the evenings with my new cycle. I'm 9 days in as of today. So far so good. I'm slightly itchy since bumping the dose up to 150 mg/day. Nothing major, and no hives or rash.

One of the original studies said something like 20% of patients had an allergic reaction. Itching usually happened first before visible symptoms like a rash. I get the feeling I'd break out in a rash or hives in a few days at 300 mg/day with no quercetin or antihistamines.
The allergic reaction will happen regardless. Me for example, ran AH everyday had maybe 1 day where I was slightly itchy (day 6 of 250mg), stopped instantly and ran some more AH the following days. 3 days later the rash erupted on my upper chest and soon spread to my whole body. I was probably just very sensitive to it but histamines don't protect you from allergic reactions to drugs. Your body can't create antigens to protect from DNP because its a poison..
Unread 03-09-2016, 11:02 PM

Quote:
The 11% figure is based on your daily dose, not the amount you've accumulated in your system. Taking 100 mg/day will boost your metabolic rate by 11% once you've reached a steady amount in your system.

The exact number isn't the same for everyone. An 11% boost per 100 mg/day is an average taken from one of the old studies.
Do you have proof of this? If anything, it should be based on accumulation levels.
Unread 03-10-2016, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdt View Post
Do you have proof of this? If anything, it should be based on accumulation levels.
Tainter, Stockton, and Cutting: Dinitrophenol in the Treatment of Obesity

"There was on the average about an 11 per cent increase in the basal metabolic rate for each 0.1 Gm. of the daily dose, although the variations in individual patients were rather wide."

The full text can be downloaded here:

https://m.reddit.com/r/dnp/comments/...search_papers/
Unread 03-11-2016, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Tainter, Stockton, and Cutting: Dinitrophenol in the Treatment of Obesity

"There was on the average about an 11 per cent increase in the basal metabolic rate for each 0.1 Gm. of the daily dose, although the variations in individual patients were rather wide."

The full text can be downloaded here:

https://m.reddit.com/r/dnp/comments/...search_papers/
Hmm wondering if they used proper wording. I don't see how the math could possibly add up for people to be losing ~a pound a day of fat on dnp if it's just 11% per oral administration of 100mg, considering that means an additional 3500 is burned on the daily.

If saturation levels were used, however, it becomes much more likely (dosing every day creates a saturation of 2.7x original dose after 6 days or so).