BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-22-2008, 04:12 PM

Default a personal question about ketosis

I'm on week 3 of my rapid fat loss. 1st week hit ketosis about day 3. 2nd week didn't hit ketosis at all. And now this week I hit ketosis yesterday. Tomorrow I do a free meal. Has anyone else experienced something like this? I am doing about 30 minutes of cardio (walking and running) 3-4 times a week plus weightlifting 3-4 times a week. This is the first time I've done a lot of weights.
Unread 02-22-2008, 04:18 PM

Why do you care whether you officially hit ketosis or not?
Unread 02-22-2008, 05:29 PM
Administrator

prsence of absence of ketones in the urine can mean a lot of things

none of them relevant to whether or not you lose fat
Unread 02-22-2008, 05:32 PM

If this is really your first time doing weights, I would recommend that you concern yourself more with form and not getting injured. Injury does become more of a concern when you are very low cal and subsequently lower energy.

Injury will derail your diet faster than just about anything else. The old forums have A TON, A HUGE AMOUNT, A BOAT LOAD, of AMAZING information that you can plow through, and Lyle has a beginners manual out which I think you should have if you have RFL. Warning, the old forums are loathe with pirates of the bum. Like the Master said, Ketosis is far down the list.

Last edited by Eszekial : 02-22-2008 at 05:34 PM.
Unread 02-22-2008, 07:35 PM

I don't know why I care if the strips say ketosis or not. I guess it's just one more thing to obsess over. So, what does the absence of ketones mean when you are doing a psmf and you are doing weights and cardio?

I'm being pretty careful about form. Actually, went down on my weights when I do squats because I want to make sure I've got my form right. I must have it right because my legs are sore with less weight. I'm nowhere near power lifting but I do bicep curls with 20lbers. 3 sets of 8-10. That's not too sissified is it?
Unread 02-22-2008, 08:11 PM
Administrator

it could mean one of several things, none of which matters in terms of fat loss so please quit stressing out over it
Unread 02-23-2008, 03:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
it could mean one of several things, none of which matters in terms of fat loss so please quit stressing out over it
just checkin'
so ketosis won't protect against LBM loss, the way to protect against that is to make sure you eat all your protein, so don't worry about ketosis and focus on the protein and your deficit....something like that
Unread 02-23-2008, 07:50 AM
Administrator

as i"ve mentioned previously, given sufficient protein in the first plae, I'm unconvinced taht the shift to ketosis has any real effect. theer's no doubt that it does during fasting or when protein is inadequate and, for some, too much protein can stop the development of ketosis

but lowering protein just to develop deeper ketosis is going about it in the wrong way

at the end of the day, the most protein sparing nutrient is protein.
Unread 02-23-2008, 12:09 PM

Smile

That's good to know. I'm going to quit worrying about it then. I go back and forth between thinking ketosis is ok and thinking it's bad. As long as I lose the fat I don't care.