BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-17-2008, 10:27 AM

You are totally not bugging me, And I am going to sit down and read the book again. Especially the part about setting up the diet. I'm on my second week and too many of the details have just slipped my mind. I'm probably going to lay off the diet coke too. I have had waaay too much. I'm ashamed to say just how much. Just goes to show how easy it is to start half-assing it. I thought plenty of protein and exercise would cut it, but looking over my food diary and in lieu of discussion I've had way too much fat and diet coke.
Thanks for the advice all.

Ps I am sleeping like a baby on this PSMF. I noticed the discussion on sleep. Could be the fat. It might change once I start doing it right.
Unread 02-17-2008, 11:40 AM

Send a message via MSN to Nigeepoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33to20 View Post
....I have a terrible memory....
Do you get much sun exposure? If not, your poor memory is almost certainly due to hypovitaminosis D. 5,000iu/day of Vit D3 will sort your brain out within 2 weeks.
Unread 02-17-2008, 03:21 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigeepoo View Post
Do you get much sun exposure? If not, your poor memory is almost certainly due to hypovitaminosis D. 5,000iu/day of Vit D3 will sort your brain out within 2 weeks.
remember: wen all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail
Unread 02-17-2008, 03:36 PM

Send a message via MSN to Nigeepoo

Fair enough. When 87% of 45 year old Brits have below-optimum levels of Vit D at this time of year*, everyone who's feeling crap at this time of year looks deficient. Most people that I've given a free 2 weeks supply to have perked up.

*http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/abstract/85/3/860

Blog
Unread 02-17-2008, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33to20 View Post
I kept my fat intake between 70 and 80 grams because in the beginning of the book you said caloric intake would be between 400 and 1200 calories a day. 136g protein = 544 calories protein. 70g fat = 630 calories fat -And approximately 120 calories in carbs would put me close to or over the 1200 limit. I SWEAR I read the book!
Why don't you tell us what foods you ate to go with these numbers, so that we can make suggestions?
Unread 02-17-2008, 08:21 PM

Let's see I had fish, (tilapia) chicken, ribeye (too much fat I know)
I also had dressing on my salad again too much fat. Fixed a Rump Roast today. And kept my fat at 40 grams. I also like beef Jerky as long as it's little to no fat and low on the carbs 1-3 grams. I also had peanut butter a few times. I am now sure that's a no no. Too much fat and 7g of carbs. Did lots of vegetables tomato, cucumber, spinach green beans I will eat any vegetable there is. Has anybody got simple chicken recipe toppings. Chicken is soooo boring. I could do Dale's sauce, but most bbq sauce has too many carbs. I put taco seasoning on some ground beef one day and ate the whole pound of beef with bell peppers and onions Man! was it good. Mixed it with some lettuce and 2% cheese. Next time I think I just try it plain and add in some salsa to spice it up. The beef was 90/10 and the taco seasoning had too many carbs. 24 for the whole pack then add in the vegetables.

I am going to refeed tomorrow. I just wanted to see if I was really careful how I would do with my fat grams.

Oh! and I am outside alot I live in the south so it's not vitamin D. Thanks everybody.
Unread 02-18-2008, 07:13 AM

Chicken ideas:

Coat with lime, sea salt and tarragon.
Marinate in a plastic bag with a couple Tbs orange juice, scallions, and tamari.
Rub with chili paste and grill.
Poach it in water or chicken broth (with mirepoix, bay leaves, and thyme wrapped in cheesecloth) so the breasteses don't turn into rubber bullets from the dry heat of the oven.

Learn to love it plain.

If you are following a PSMF diet, you are consuming too much fat. As long as your calories are below maintenance, you'll probably still drop fat, but you won't be following a PSMF. Lyle is repeatedly clear about what's allowed. I know because I read the book yesterday.

If you have brain fog, why don't you re-read the book and take notes. Alternatively, photocopy his summary pages and tape them to the fridge so the "rules" are aways readily available.

Your veggies sound good, but consider dropping the peanut butter, full fat salad dressing, dairy that isn't nonfat, and rib eye steaks. 90% beef is OK, but most grocery stores now carry 96% lean. That would be a better choice if you want to maximize the fat loss.

If you commit and follow the diet as written for a couple days, your cravings will go away, and your taste buds will adjust so that you begin got enjoy the taste of plain food.

Then again, if you're not in a big hurry to lose excess fat, and if this diet sounds too Spartan, why not consider a more flexible diet. The key is in finding something you can stick with until you reach your goal. Its one thing I have struggled with the last couple years, which is why I am now in major research mode before I jump in.
Unread 02-18-2008, 08:12 AM

WOOOOOHHOOOOOO!!!
I'm down 2.5 pounds just from doing a better job on cutting my fat. I'm going to refeed today and hit the gym hard. Down 6 pounds overall 15 more to go. I'm going to try that chicken recipe. Sounds good! I'll do it tomorrow and see if I can't get my fat intake even lower.

So I guess the atkins folks just basically end up cutting calories since they don't watch their fat intake. And since more of them are sedentary. Does this mean they will lose more muscle mass? Doing it this way spares more lean body mass correct?