BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-25-2008, 10:52 AM

You know, I honestly wasn't and I'm really not sure why. I began the diet with the intent of doing very little if any cardio but as I progressed my energy levels only seemed to increase. So I gradually added cardio back in and within a weeks time I was doing it everyday and feeling really good. Keep in mind it was 90% steady state, low intensity stuff. And if I did any form of HITT it was on a bike and only for 10-12 mins max. Again, I realize this goes against most peoples recommendations, but cardio is a must for me, I just feel better when I am moving. So if I wasn't tired, I was maintaining strength, and I was dropping BF, I decided it was ok and I just kept doing it. To each is own I suppose.
Unread 02-25-2008, 01:53 PM

....and no real lbm loss? I assume you weren't on any aas?
Unread 02-25-2008, 02:52 PM

Oh I'm sure I lost some LBM. Even a diet that supplies ample protein such as PSMF can't stop that. Obviously I am not as strong at 180lbs as I was when I was 210, but my relative body strength has stayed consistent, and I have never felt "weak" while working out. Thats really the only thing I base most of this on, for me, it's all how I look in the mirror, and how I feel in the gym. Numbers are just numbers, if you feel good and look good, who really cares how much you bench?

Edit: No AAS, just clen the last 14 days to help facilitate as much fat loss as possible.....which could also explain energy to be doing the extra cardio I suppose. But I felt that before I started clen anyway, so I'm ruling that out.
Unread 02-25-2008, 02:54 PM
Administrator

it can if you don't train too much, the folks who did the PSMF by the book (i.e. didn't train 4X/week and do that much cardio) who were lean reported no real loss of strength and LBM
Unread 02-25-2008, 03:01 PM

I'm sure thats true, as I said before, I knowingly didn't follow the outline in the book. I work at a gym, and on top of that have extreme OCD and I love to train and deprive myself of food (sick I know, but somehow I thrive off of toturing myself), which is why I love PSMF + overtraining. Hey, it works for me

And for what its worth, even with the amount of extra work I was doing, the loss in LBM was still minimal at most, which is just a testament to how well the diet will work for you if followed to a "T" as Lyle has it written.
Unread 02-25-2008, 03:02 PM

Also, where did your protein calories come from? Solid food vs shakes. Chicken or beef?
Unread 02-25-2008, 03:08 PM

meal 1 48 gms whey
meal 2 6 oz tuna w/ veggies
meal 3 10 egg whites w/ veggies
meal 4 8 oz venison, extra lean ground beef, or 99% lean ground turkey w/ veggies, and 2 oz FF chese
meal 5 48 gms casein w/ 2 Tbs FF cottage cheese

And all the no-salt, pepper, mustard and hot sauce you can handle...yum.
Unread 02-25-2008, 03:15 PM

i guess what I meant about losing lbm was any noticeable loss. Sounds like the answer is no. I know it has probably been discussed but would a light cycle of test prop, say 350 mg week, enable one to work the diet like strong and lose less muscle. Guess at the least you wouldn't feel as run down.
Unread 02-25-2008, 04:14 PM

I would assume this would be a favorable addition.
Unread 02-29-2008, 09:45 AM

you said 4 day a week lifting. what kind of split? How much have you regained if you started back with some carbs?