BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-11-2008, 12:09 PM

Default Promise this is the last question :)

I know its not recommended to do PSMF back to back (Category 1), so how long should I wait to do a second run? Or can I do it back to back, since I haven't lost any weight yet and have 2-3 more days left?

Thanks!
Unread 03-11-2008, 12:31 PM
3-board ultra supreme member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel13 View Post
I know its not recommended to do PSMF back to back ... can I do it back to back
read your question over, and then answer it yourself

there are no qualifiers to enable repeating a PSMF

furthermore, you having not lost weight yet means nothing until this PSMF is complete ... either you are retaining fluid that will flush at the end after resuming normal eating or your metabolism is so downregulated that you shouldn't have done a PSMF in the first place

so:
assess at the end
wait 2 weeks before going again
Unread 03-11-2008, 12:39 PM

Right, and my primary question was how long can I wait, which you answered. In the book Lyle states that another round is a possibility, and I was interested in the parameters where it would work. Apparently it shouldn't be done.

Thanks.
Unread 03-11-2008, 01:39 PM

Yeah I'm in the same boat, only I actually lost weight on my diet (sorry, no offense). But you do have 3 days left, so ride it out. Eat relatively normal over the next 2 weeks and continue to exercise as prescribed. I know its hard to do, but the good far out weighs bad, and a diet break is a must. Chances are if you follow through with it, is that when you do cycle back to PSMF you will see progress than your first attempt. Metabolism will be regulated, you'll feel good/have energy, and will have no problem sticking out another 10 days or so. The 2 weeks off is easy, just track weight. If you gain more than 2-3 lbs, back off calories slightly, if not gaining, add calories. By the end of 2 weeks of that, you'll be ready to cut back. Just eat the same foods, just slightly more. Trust Lyle, there is a reason for this.
Unread 03-11-2008, 02:38 PM
3-board ultra supreme member

Quote:
Apparently it shouldn't be done.
only because you are cat 1 ... meow
Unread 03-11-2008, 02:58 PM

he says if you are cat 1, then you CAN do it again. he just doesn't recommend it. i am going to Mexico in 13 days....i am on day 11 of PSMF. i am dieting tomorrow (day 12), then taking a 2 day refeed (instead of 3), probaby eat a deficit (but not quite PSMF style) on day 3, then go back on PSMF for another week until i leave for vaca.

i think if there is a purpose or a reason you would need to do a back-to-back cycle then do it, but otherwise, if you are not on a time crunch.......maybe wait.

although, if you are not on a time crunch, you probably woulnd't of started the diet in the first place haha. soo....i'm not sure anymore.

btw, i LOVE your questions!!! keep at em'! they are helpful to all of us!!
Unread 03-11-2008, 05:01 PM
Administrator

the book very cleearly sets out how long you can stay on the PSMF before requiring a diet break. after the diet break, unless you're Cat 1, you can go back to the iet
Unread 03-13-2008, 07:33 AM

ok, sorry, but now i'm more confused. Are you saying that even after a two week break, i shouldnt go back to PSMF?
Unread 03-13-2008, 07:46 AM

i THINK maybe he is saying after the diet break, unless you are cat 1 you can go back on the diet.......meaning if you are cat 1 you can go back on the diet immediately after the refeed without the 2 week diet break (however, it's unrecommended)......i might be wrong though.
Unread 03-13-2008, 09:48 AM
Administrator

Quote:
ok, sorry, but now i'm more confused. Are you saying that even after a two week break, i shouldnt go back to PSMF?
this is all spelled out quite clearly in the book

if you are category 1, you should NOT go bak to another round of psmf

if you are cat 2 or 3, you have options.

you can either do your stint on the PSMF< take the die break and go back to the PSMF

OR
do stint on teh PSMF, take your diet break and then move back to moderate dieting (ala chaper 15 or whichever it is)

that make sense?