BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-28-2018, 03:13 AM

Default Generic Cutting Routine

I've been training consistently for about nine months now. I've added some strength and lean mass, lost some bodyfat. I haven't been strict about moderating my intake, aside from a few RFL stints. But I figure that I'm past the point where I can tell myself that I can just wing it and hope for recomp.

I'm somewhere high teens to low twenties in terms of bf. I think this is still too high to give UD2.0 a whirl.

I'd like to try the more moderate 10% cut approach than the chain-RFL approach that so many seem to like around here. But what about the workout, to go with it? I've never really looked into the cutting side of things. Most workouts I'm familiar with come with a note that they're intended to be run in a caloric surplus. What are the core principles or guidelines for putting together a generic cutting routine?

Sorry for what I'm sure is a really simple question.
Unread 12-28-2018, 05:54 AM

I do same as bulk routine but chop off a few sets scaled on deficit size and recovery.
Unread 12-28-2018, 08:46 AM

You can cut volume to 1/3 you did to gain it to maintain during a diet. For me I’ll go to something like GBR but do 2x6-8 on the main sets and maybe 1x10-12 for secondary and a set or 2 each for arms, delts and abs. Usually still upper lower 2x a week.

Later stages of a diet when I’m pushing below 10% and doing more stubborn fat cardio switch to an ABA style only 3x a week. Gone are my days of doing UD2 when I’m getting that lean, I prefer the stubborn fat stuff and a more consistent day to day diet.
Unread 12-30-2018, 02:20 AM

Thanks for the responses, guys.

SFS I haven't taken a look at, yet, as I'm not really interested in drugs atm.
Unread 12-30-2018, 07:37 AM

SFS is more about cardio and how to use yohimbine in some protocols. Yohimbine isn’t reall a drug though. You may have the main book confused with the later patch Lyle released that was about drugs.