BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > UD 2.0
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-27-2009, 10:12 PM

Default UD2.0 - Trying to keep going w/knee injury

Nothing too serious, just popped it and it's a little sore. No tears thankfully.

Not squatting right now for obvious reasons or if I do maybe half squats. When doing legs (using leg press in replacement of squats now) 60% of max at 12-15 reps isn't doable right so I'm just going lighter and much higher reps where I completely burn out at about 30 reps. Also not going full range of motion. Am I still getting sufficient depletion to at least serve the general purpose? My legs still feel like jello when I'm done that's for dang sure.

For some reason the knee injury doesn't affect my deadlift too much so my power workouts on Sat are still pretty decent.
Unread 10-28-2009, 09:37 AM
Administrator

Dieting while injured is generally not the best idea.
Unread 10-28-2009, 10:26 AM

Yeah, I hurt my shoulder a while back (mildly) and immediately took a diet a break...best move I ever made. Shoulder healed up nicely and I came back to the gym stronger than ever. Made no difference on the scale either and gave me an excuse to eat, which I always welcome.
Unread 10-28-2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
Dieting while injured is generally not the best idea.
I've got a competition coming up that I need make weight for and I'm not backing out of the competition because of a minor knee injury and I've found this diet/program to be the best for me to make weight and still maintain strength. I will be taking time off in 2 weeks but for now I must continue.

I understand you don't like to deviate from your program so if you don't want to offer specific advice I fully understand but I'll ask anyway. How about the lower weight / increased rep count to attempt depletion(only for this body part)? I realize you prescribe 12-15 for a reason... but in a situation such as this will I still properly deplete glycogen levels going around 40% max load at 30 rep range?