BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Guide to Flexible Dieting
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-25-2013, 10:11 AM

Default Refeed or Lower Carbs #2

The other thread on this didn't answer my question. So I will restate it. Can someone explain when you should refeed vs drop carbs on a cut. Hat are signs to look for for both. I haven't done a refeed yet. When weight stalled. At 168lbs at 275g carbs. I dropped them to 225g carb. and my weight went down to 165. Should I keep cutting carbs. I know i cant keep cutting carbs indefinty. And that a refeed should be plsce in there at some point. I know refeeds are important sub-15%. But I also know that sometimes you have to suck it up and deal with lower carbs. My question is when do you add refeed (signs, symptoms, I don't think feeling like bad is a good indication) vs when you just cut carbs and deal with it.

Confused,

~ Demitrs

Macros
225c
40f
180p

If you want my stats
164.4lbs
9.4bf%
5 11'
26yo
Unread 12-18-2013, 11:50 AM

I know when I need to adjust things when my libido takes a nose dive and when I can't maintain weight on the bar/reps in the gym. Libido is fairly obvious and evident for me. For weight on the bar, I normally have 2 movements as benchmarks I try to maintain. During my last cut it was incline press and weighted chins. I tried like hell to maintain on those two main movements and didn't worry AS MUCH about the other movements.

When libido nose dives, I've found for me that adding extra fat brings it back in a couple days (more so than adding carbs). For maintaining workout intensity, I need to refeed or increase carbs. I'll note that these are during hard cuts w/ fairly large deficits around single digit BF%. I think those are the 2 key indicators for me. A 3rd would be recovery, but that's difficult for me to gauge. The general fatigue, hunger, irritability, etc. while cutting aren't good indicators for me.
Unread 12-18-2013, 11:53 AM

I'll add that during a cut, if/when I can't maintain weight/reps on one of the key movements (unless it's just 1 rep here or there because some WO's just go better than others), I need to take corrective action right away. I've ignored it in the past and kept cutting hard and the result was that strength plummeted. As in, it just fell out the bottom where I couldn't maintain weight or reps on even a first fresh set. I take it as a sign that I'm losing muscle way too quickly. YMMV.

Last edited by kowens : 12-18-2013 at 11:54 AM. Reason: added a line.