BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-26-2018, 02:03 AM

Well, could be rest periods, reps per set. Could be when you're doing them within your workout. Could be that you're no good at doing them the way you are currently. Could try lat raise machines. Easy to program. Could try upright rows. Upright row will give you some more trap/forearm involvement, probably.

Maybe you should just drop weight and start a new progression. This should solve the progress problem. Maybe it's cause you're on a diet.
Unread 07-29-2018, 04:46 PM

Thanks. I've been at this lifting to failure for six months now. Maybe it's time for a break. I'm sure this is probably discussed somewhere, in the book or main site, but are deloading phases an inappropriate time for running a PSMF?

Lifted last night and Thursday night. Thursday my legs didn't want to cooperate for squats. I'm not sure if that's because of the lifting on Tuesday, if Stairmaster was too much for cardio the night prior, or both. Squats were alright, last night, about the same as Tuesday. Upper body's still making progress, albeit slowly.
Unread 07-30-2018, 10:54 PM

Day 1 of my two week PSMF. 200 lbs., guessing I'm about 25% bf, going by the photo gallery thing posted elsewhere on the site.

The calculator pegs me at diet category 2. I'm using the recommendations for 'inactive', as my activity level. I won't be wholly inactive, but I'd like to err on the light side.

Exercise-wise I'm going to be doing full body workouts 2x / week, just the compounds. Just enough weight for feedback, to keep the movement patterns.

While I'm happy with the progress I've made, slow and steady in the fat loss department hasn't been very satisfying. I'd really like to get down to the point that I can switch to more traditional bulking and cutting phases, especially now that I'm getting past the whole gain-while-losing phase of my lifting. I'm also a bit bored of my workout. 6-8 weeks seems to be about my limit, before I start to get itching for a program change.

I figure that over the next six months I'll break things up into eight week cycles. Six weeks of whatever program, followed by a two week deload and PSMF. Sort of hoping I can shed this excess middle-aged bloat and keep making progress in the muscle gains department, that way. Not really sure what program I want to run, next.
Unread 08-01-2018, 12:23 AM

Day 2.

Weighed in at 196.8, this morning.

My dog ate 2 lbs of beef jerky, because she's a dog, and I'm an idiot. I ate chicken, shrimp, broccoli, and roast beef. Went to the grocery store, found that cold cuts were 50% off. Now I've got 8 lbs of cold cuts, so this is going to be a whole foods PSMF.

10 gr protein for 2 oz roast beef? That'd be 35 gr protein per 7oz package. The calculator says 5.6 oz beef = 45gr protein. I'm guessing that the disparity here is fluid weight, from the preservatives, eh? That kind of takes some of the wind out of my sails

Am I the only one who finds micellar casein more filling than actual food?

What's the deal with the fat free cheese, that Lyle talks about in the book? The closest I saw was part-skim, and that's still something like 8gr fat per serving.

Apparently there's a decent powerlifting / strongman gym nearby. I don't have the build to compete in either, but it would be nice to train around people who know what they're doing, and can give me informed feedback. The hours suck, though. Going to check it out.