BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-28-2016, 05:45 PM

Default What determines sex drive?

Some women's libido is just as big as men's, although they have 10x less testosterone. T is not the only factor

Thank you
Unread 04-28-2016, 06:04 PM
Administrator

Many women with a high sex drive have higher testosterone relative to other women and why would you think women's bodies would respond to teh same absolute levels?
Unread 04-28-2016, 06:34 PM
Banned

I wouldn't mind having a lower sex drive. It's just inconvenient to be honest lol.
Unread 04-28-2016, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcdonald View Post
Many women with a high sex drive have higher testosterone relative to other women and why would you think women's bodies would respond to teh same absolute levels?
This is so true. I'm in the middle of treatment, and my levels were 158 ng/dL. That would be ALOT for a woman, I believe roughly double the high end for a woman (this is just off the top of my head, I haven't looked in awhile).

I felt like crap, no energy or sex drive at 158, a woman at that level would feel MUCH differently I assume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjack View Post
I wouldn't mind having a lower sex drive. It's just inconvenient to be honest lol.
I had ZERO sex drive for awhile, and there are some benefits. When you ignore all the noise that involves dating and "finding a soul mate", you have a lot more time and effort for everything else in life.

You also can pick up women with ease, or at least I was able to. Mainly because it was the first time in my life I was talking to them with absolutely no interest other than conversation, I was treating them like a normal human being, not a sex object. Of course, it didn't matter, because I had no intention of pursuing them...so, it was a moot point.
Unread 04-28-2016, 07:29 PM

testosterone levels
progesterone levels
estrogen levels
prolactin levels

all influence sex drive, some drive it up, some clobber it into the ground and stomp on it.
4. Use google as well - Add "site:lylemcdonald.com". Google can find those short strings of letters.
5. You are not a rodent so follow up with pubmed (http://pubmed.org) use "+human" "-rat" "-mouse" modifiers
6. Check the STICKY threads.
7. use google to find all my posts.
8. Supplement evidence
9. Private message are cheerfully ignored.
Unread 04-28-2016, 07:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcahuetej View Post

I had ZERO sex drive for awhile, and there are some benefits. When you ignore all the noise that involves dating and "finding a soul mate", you have a lot more time and effort for everything else in life.

You also can pick up women with ease, or at least I was able to. Mainly because it was the first time in my life I was talking to them with absolutely no interest other than conversation, I was treating them like a normal human being, not a sex object. Of course, it didn't matter, because I had no intention of pursuing them...so, it was a moot point.
I feel like so many of my social interactions (or how I perceive them) have this weird sexual energy. Then there is also checking out girls' chests and behinds. It would be nice if I could just stop that, lol. It is like it is programmed at this point. I can't even look in the direction of a decent looking girl without looking where I shouldn't, lol.
Unread 04-29-2016, 02:22 AM

Quote:
I feel like so many of my social interactions (or how I perceive them) have this weird sexual energy. Then there is also checking out girls' chests and behinds. It would be nice if I could just stop that, lol. It is like it is programmed at this point. I can't even look in the direction of a decent looking girl without looking where I shouldn't, lol.
It is your nature, since you are male.
Unread 05-02-2016, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Be glad it's not happening to you when your wife is right in front of you!

Was at lunch yesterday and got caught eyeing something attractive behind my wife. Ouch, if looks could kill...
Unread 05-08-2016, 04:09 AM

All things being equal (which I know is impossible but just in theory) would energy balance also be a factor? Meaning being on a diet + normal hormones (through injection or whatever) vs maintenance?

Get to 10% bodyfat first while lifting weights heavy 3x a week with reduced volume. Two weeks maintenance. Bulk up slowly (1 lb weight gain per week max), focus on getting stronger, measure body composition changes often.
Unread 09-06-2016, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpena911 View Post
Be glad it's not happening to you when your wife is right in front of you!

Was at lunch yesterday and got caught eyeing something attractive behind my wife. Ouch, if looks could kill...
Gotta develop that 3rd eye and peripheral vision. I be looking all the time lol.