BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 04-28-2016, 05:45 PM
Arnevo Arnevo is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 14
Default What determines sex drive?

Some women's libido is just as big as men's, although they have 10x less testosterone. T is not the only factor

Thank you
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 04-28-2016, 06:04 PM
lylemcdonald lylemcdonald is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 998
Default

Many women with a high sex drive have higher testosterone relative to other women and why would you think women's bodies would respond to teh same absolute levels?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 04-28-2016, 06:34 PM
jimjack jimjack is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,404
Default

I wouldn't mind having a lower sex drive. It's just inconvenient to be honest lol.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 04-28-2016, 06:55 PM
alcahuetej's Avatar
alcahuetej alcahuetej is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 722
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcdonald View Post
Many women with a high sex drive have higher testosterone relative to other women and why would you think women's bodies would respond to teh same absolute levels?
This is so true. I'm in the middle of treatment, and my levels were 158 ng/dL. That would be ALOT for a woman, I believe roughly double the high end for a woman (this is just off the top of my head, I haven't looked in awhile).

I felt like crap, no energy or sex drive at 158, a woman at that level would feel MUCH differently I assume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjack View Post
I wouldn't mind having a lower sex drive. It's just inconvenient to be honest lol.
I had ZERO sex drive for awhile, and there are some benefits. When you ignore all the noise that involves dating and "finding a soul mate", you have a lot more time and effort for everything else in life.

You also can pick up women with ease, or at least I was able to. Mainly because it was the first time in my life I was talking to them with absolutely no interest other than conversation, I was treating them like a normal human being, not a sex object. Of course, it didn't matter, because I had no intention of pursuing them...so, it was a moot point.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 04-28-2016, 07:29 PM
Myles.Buckley Myles.Buckley is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: GPS: 50.916752 N, 114.050961 W
Posts: 1,455
Default

testosterone levels
progesterone levels
estrogen levels
prolactin levels

all influence sex drive, some drive it up, some clobber it into the ground and stomp on it.
__________________
1. Ketosis doesn't matter.
2. Strength training+Protein+DHA/EPA+veggies+vitamins&minerals DOES.
3. Search BEFORE you ask questions.
4. Use google as well - Add "site:lylemcdonald.com". Google can find those short strings of letters.
5. You are not a rodent so follow up with pubmed (http://pubmed.org) use "+human" "-rat" "-mouse" modifiers
6. Check the STICKY threads.
7. use google to find all my posts.
8. Supplement evidence
9. Private message are cheerfully ignored.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 04-28-2016, 07:54 PM
jimjack jimjack is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcahuetej View Post

I had ZERO sex drive for awhile, and there are some benefits. When you ignore all the noise that involves dating and "finding a soul mate", you have a lot more time and effort for everything else in life.

You also can pick up women with ease, or at least I was able to. Mainly because it was the first time in my life I was talking to them with absolutely no interest other than conversation, I was treating them like a normal human being, not a sex object. Of course, it didn't matter, because I had no intention of pursuing them...so, it was a moot point.
I feel like so many of my social interactions (or how I perceive them) have this weird sexual energy. Then there is also checking out girls' chests and behinds. It would be nice if I could just stop that, lol. It is like it is programmed at this point. I can't even look in the direction of a decent looking girl without looking where I shouldn't, lol.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 04-29-2016, 02:22 AM
BigPecsPeter BigPecsPeter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,275
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjack View Post
I feel like so many of my social interactions (or how I perceive them) have this weird sexual energy. Then there is also checking out girls' chests and behinds. It would be nice if I could just stop that, lol. It is like it is programmed at this point. I can't even look in the direction of a decent looking girl without looking where I shouldn't, lol.
It is your nature, since you are male.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 05-02-2016, 07:15 AM
fpena911 fpena911 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjack View Post
I feel like so many of my social interactions (or how I perceive them) have this weird sexual energy. Then there is also checking out girls' chests and behinds. It would be nice if I could just stop that, lol. It is like it is programmed at this point. I can't even look in the direction of a decent looking girl without looking where I shouldn't, lol.
Be glad it's not happening to you when your wife is right in front of you!

Was at lunch yesterday and got caught eyeing something attractive behind my wife. Ouch, if looks could kill...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 05-08-2016, 04:09 AM
lostmyoldaccount lostmyoldaccount is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 932
Default

All things being equal (which I know is impossible but just in theory) would energy balance also be a factor? Meaning being on a diet + normal hormones (through injection or whatever) vs maintenance?
__________________
Half-way measures don't get very far. You can only do one thing well at a time. Trying to gain muscle while losing fat will result in failure.

Get to 10% bodyfat first while lifting weights heavy 3x a week with reduced volume. Two weeks maintenance. Bulk up slowly (1 lb weight gain per week max), focus on getting stronger, measure body composition changes often.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 09-06-2016, 03:40 PM
davidjr74's Avatar
davidjr74 davidjr74 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,053
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpena911 View Post
Be glad it's not happening to you when your wife is right in front of you!

Was at lunch yesterday and got caught eyeing something attractive behind my wife. Ouch, if looks could kill...
Gotta develop that 3rd eye and peripheral vision. I be looking all the time lol.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.