BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Applied Nutrition for Mixed Sports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-05-2010, 12:25 PM

Default 2 questions

1. At some point, you were discussing protein supplements and mentioned the estrogen in soy protein controversy and said you would address it later. I've only watched the dvds once, but I didn't hear anything else about that. Is your article here still an accurate summary?

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/res...-patients.html

2. You mentioned that the only people who have no need of Vitamin D supplementation are those people who live in equatorial areas. I live in north Florida, where the weather occasionally pretends to have seasons- e.g. we had one day with less than an inch of snow last year and I think that was the first time in ten years it happened. Is this sufficiently equatorial or should I move to Cuba?
Unread 07-05-2010, 03:41 PM
Administrator

1. Yes

2. I would imagine that's plenty sunny to negate the need for Vitamin D supplementation.
Unread 09-01-2010, 09:39 AM

Default Along similar lines ...

Are soy lectins that may (or may not be) in soy protein isolate a concern?
From what I recall they do serve a useful function in the body, in immune function. However, soy and red kidney beans lectins are agglutinins which can cause blood cell clumping.

This article from a soybean group counters that conern mainly by stating they are destroyed during mastication and digestion.

http://nutrition.about.com/od/meatsa...lectinsrbc.htm

Could it also be like gluten (which is also a lectin) that some people are sensitive/intolerant to it, and others are not?

I don't know how telling the research is in this area.