BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-10-2016, 03:27 AM

Default Reducing Volume/ Frequency 2/3 on cutting?

Hello,

i eat 2000 cal from monday to friday and 3000 cal saturday and sunday. Now i read a very interesting article from lyle (i love it). Here he says you can reduce volume and frequency by 2/3 while cutting. so consequently i will just do 2 full body workouts with 2 exercises per muscle group (each 1 set, so 2 set total) and try to mantain intensity. But: I do not know if lyle changed his view (because it seems to be a very old article, isnt it?) . It is very important topic for me, so i want to be state it clear. Thank you very much.

David from germany
Unread 09-10-2016, 04:28 AM

That's fine
Unread 09-10-2016, 04:38 AM

You might even be able to minimise the workouts further than that.

It all comes down to the individual. For example, I find I can leave legs completely for as long as 3 whole weeks and suffer no strength or muscle losses at all.

But to be safe, and until you know otherwise, stick to this 2/3rds rule.
Unread 09-10-2016, 06:17 AM

So i will look for the minimum stimulus, not the maximum/optimum,right ? Sure, i can begin low volume and see what happens. do you know from when this article is? and can i find similiar statements from lyle, i still feel uncomfortable with this knowledge, because it is against all ive known.

David
Unread 09-10-2016, 06:33 AM

How much deficit are you in? You *CAN* reduce the volume and maintain your strength and mass. Should you? idk.
Unread 09-10-2016, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcrazyjam View Post
So i will look for the minimum stimulus, not the maximum/optimum,right ? Sure, i can begin low volume and see what happens. do you know from when this article is? and can i find similiar statements from lyle, i still feel uncomfortable with this knowledge, because it is against all ive known.

David
It doesn't matter when it was written. You can maintain by doing something once a week with lower sets. It's just a fact. You don't need a rubber stamp to authenticate it. It's not true because Lyle McDonald said so. It just is. It's as true as the fact that resistance training stimulates protein synthesis, etc. Just do it and see for yourself.
Unread 09-11-2016, 02:59 PM

THX i am way overtrained

I decided to outspread diet break to 2 more weeks (because i dont want to lose muscles) and then begin training and calorie-cut/diet as desribed.

opinions?
Unread 09-12-2016, 01:34 AM
Banned

I think it's clever to wait until your body is fresh and you feel you can give your cut all attention it needs. Waiting 2 more weeks doesn't matter in that sense.

(Unless you have a deadline of some sort)
Unread 09-12-2016, 08:35 AM

Maintaining intensity is key. If you can do it for 2/3 reduced volume and frequency than why not? Time is saved. I would like to think as a ranked beginner or someone who has been out of the gym for a while it may even be possible to make strength gains while cutting...
Unread 02-11-2019, 03:39 AM

actually i am doing 11 days in a row with lower than my REE , i try to go lower than 1600 cal/day though, right after that im planing 3 Refeeds in a row, as it get some psychological benefits and maybe some physiological, but as i have learned over years, you are allways underestimating psychology in diet concern!

here is the point with stress:

its too much information to me, i look upon doing fullbodyroutines, but i suffer with cortisol. but not doing optimal strength training, while i am not able to go high in intensity yet (i am new, maybe rpe 5 or 6), things goes difficult.

sure, id like doin just a split routine hitting a muscle just 1 time/week, but my brain is on fire, if my heart says yes, so what shall i do now
im suck of upper lower or fullbody workout.

i like to seperate lower bodyparts especially, its to much stress metabolicly, i really had to limit THIS KIND of stress...you get what im talkin about, or not?