BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Supplements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-04-2017, 06:03 PM

Default Bromocriptine and hyperhidrosis

Hi all, I was thinking about starting bromo to help with metabolism slowdown issues while on a long diet and appetite suppression but I have hyperhidrosis. I was wondering if anyone could offer any insight if it could make things worse or possibly help it?
Unread 12-05-2017, 07:38 AM

It's hard to say if it would have an effect without knowing the root cause of your symptoms, but I wouldn't think it would affect your condition positively or negatively. Speaking from personal experience, I always felt a bit colder on bromo (it lowered my blood pressure to the point where it was uncomfortable, and I actually discontinued using it. Probably caused some circulation issues which would explain the coldness). I will say, bromocriptine makes you prone to hypoglycemia, and I experienced this a few times while on. Hypoglycemia can cause cold sweats, so I'd always have some glucose tabs or gatorade on hand just in case. Another thing that might be good to keep in mind is that if you sweat excessively, you are probably prone to dehydration and low electrolytes which can cause lowered blood pressure. Bromo will, without a doubt, lower your blood pressure to some extent, so make sure you drink plenty of water and supplement potassium and sodium when needed. If not, you may experience some very unpleasant side effects.

But to address your original question, I don't think it would have a direct effect on your condition in either direction. If you do choose to use it, start with a low dose (2.5mg) to assess.
Unread 12-05-2017, 08:15 AM

Thank you...gonna read up some more about it. My sweating is obviously worse in the summer so it should be a non issue now that it's winter and a good time to assess, maybe it could help me in the summer for an extra added benefit.
Unread 12-06-2017, 09:56 PM

see post 68 in the bromo thread.

link > http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showp...6&postcount=68
4. Use google as well - Add "site:lylemcdonald.com". Google can find those short strings of letters.
5. You are not a rodent so follow up with pubmed (http://pubmed.org) use "+human" "-rat" "-mouse" modifiers
6. Check the STICKY threads.
7. use google to find all my posts.
8. Supplement evidence
9. Private message are cheerfully ignored.