BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-12-2017, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbear1968 View Post
Congratulations for your 1st week, as well as for your positive results!
Thank You! I really appreciate the support.
Unread 02-12-2017, 08:04 AM

Week 2, Day 1 Results: 175.8 (-1.0, -5.4, -4.6)

I really wasn't feeling like I had dropped a lb from yesterday and when I read the number i was thinking meh...just a .4 lb loss but then when I went to log in my spreadsheet realized I actually lost a full lb, very cool.

So for those of you paying very close attention are probably confused by the 3rd number in the () above. So I thought it would be interesting to see what my weight loss each day is from the same day the week before. So the third number is how much I lost in the last week from today (or whatever day is being logged). If anything just another number to provide some positive re-enforcement.

There was an interesting phenomenon in my first RFL log where every Monday I would gain. One would think that was due to a free meal or refeed but I was actually having my refeed on Monday's so the gain was like in anticipation of the refeed. Really weird. The trend didn't break until my 6th week. Hopefully I will not find a "mystery" phenomenon this time around.

Ok, so the first paragraph above let the cat our of the bag but behind the log is a very immaculate spreadsheet that I use to track my progress. Well I guess immaculate is a relative term but anyway my spreadsheet tracks my daily weight loss, cumulative weight loss, weekly weight loss, and also calculates a 3, 5 and 7 day moving average. I also annotate what days I have free meals, TOM, days I work-out and on occasion other miscellaneous and probably useless information. I also graph my daily weight loss in two ways. The first a standard linear weight loss and then I also graph daily weight loss in a bar chart by day of week and week number. (A visual of all the numbers is always nice) I know this sounds crazy to some but I am mostly a type A, like math and spreadsheets and this really helps me stay more focused on the plan and goals. I have never been able to really log and track my workouts like this but if I ever reach CAT I perhaps I will then. UD2.0 is something I'd really like to try....maybe...secretly....ok so maybe my aspirations of a figure competition are sneaking back in

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the weekend.
Unread 02-13-2017, 07:59 AM

Week 2 Day 2 Results: 175.6 (-.2, -5.6, -2.4)

Not much of a loss so must be working up for a future whoosh. I am feeling trimmer and I think I am appearing trimmer in the middle so that is good.

Free meal coming up tomorrow night and I am ready for it.
Unread 02-14-2017, 07:57 AM

Week 2, Day 3 Result: 174.4 (-1.2, -6.8, -2.2)

Yippie, nice drop today!

Tonight is free meal. Planned to have steak with rice and diced tomato's and maybe an apple. Vegetables are currently my challenge. Forgot to eat any yesterday. I think I have some brussel sprouts or green beans in the freezer to add to my free meal. Will also try and eat some cucumber and red pepper today.
Unread 02-15-2017, 08:17 AM

Week 2, Day 4 Results: 176.0 (+1.6, -5.2, -1.8)

Jump in weight as expected from free meal.

I had three servings of rice for about 100g of carb with some steak, diced fire roasted tomato and some cucumber, an apple, and 2 tootsie rolls. A little more of a jump than last week but ate more carbs. It all tasted good and the apple tasted especially sweet. I ate part of the rice and steak before my workout and the rest after but didn't end up feeling like a stuffed turkey at thanksgiving. It was a really good workout but I woke up feeling starving. Didn't give in and am better now that I have my coffee.

My brain is starting to get more creative when thinking about free meals or should I say more traditional. Thought about thai, pizza, a burger and fries, and banana pancakes. Probably a good indication the hormones and metabolism are starting to adapt and might see the weight loss slow way down like it did during my first RFL but still hoping the first 10lbs will slide off more easily. First mini goal is to get to 170. If I end up at 175 at the end of this week and then even if I lose 1 lb a week after that I should get to my mini goal before my 8 weeks are up. I am actually considering going 10 weeks. I have an event about mid April I need to be the trimmest I can but 8 weeks won't get me there and would be 2 weeks into the break. I am thinking of doing a 1 week diet break after week 5, do the 2nd 5 weeks and then take a full 2-3 week break. Just going to wait and see how I am doing over the next few weeks, it is only week 2 after all.

Have a great day!
Unread 02-16-2017, 01:12 PM

Week 2, Day 5 Results: 175.2 (-0.8, -6.0, -1.8)

Same loss I saw last week following the free meal gain. Considering I am thus far following the same schedule of free meals as last week my body is thus far being consistent and somewhat predictable :roll eyes:

Was feeling a bit stiff from Tuesdays workout yesterday. It was the first day of a new routine and did 4 sets, instead of 3 sets, of most exercises on my program. Hip and SI are still causing me pain and discomfort but not as bad as it was after traveling for a week. Saw a new physical therapist on Tuesday as well. She is certified by the postural restoration institute (PRI) so I am hopeful she will help me progress in my recovery. I worked with a PRI therapist a year and half ago and it helped but she moved away. Found a new one so hopeing this combined with the D.O. will be my lucky ticket. Keeping the faith and remaining positive.
Unread 02-17-2017, 07:51 AM

Week 2, Day 6 Results: 175.6 (+0.4, -5.6, -0.8)

Definitely not the result I was expecting today. I can't think of anything that I did wrong yesterday except maybe I added too much salt to my egg whites. I did notice the BF% on my scale went up like 4% points which could mean I'm poised to loose some fat with a whoosh. Anyway the unpredictability is back which is right on cue since yesterday I said my body was being predictable.....how dare I

Anyway I don't want to see a weight gain for the week which I vary well might see if I have a free meal tonight so I am going to wait to have my next free meal tomorrow. With a work out planned this evening I should see a drop tomorrow morning....fat loss gods willing.
Unread 02-17-2017, 12:13 PM

The only thing we can say about the predictability of the scale is that there isn't any!! The joys of womanhood lol. Results are looking great so far, and the loose jacket sleeves have to help - I love that feeling. How often do you take measurements? Do you take EC? I find it helps keep the random water away if I can remember to take it consistently. (and the buzz doesn't hurt either lol)
Unread 02-17-2017, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpie View Post
The only thing we can say about the predictability of the scale is that there isn't any!! The joys of womanhood lol. Results are looking great so far, and the loose jacket sleeves have to help - I love that feeling. How often do you take measurements? Do you take EC? I find it helps keep the random water away if I can remember to take it consistently. (and the buzz doesn't hurt either lol)
So true.

I take waist and hip measurements weekly and all others every other week. My ability to place the tape measure in a consistent spot is lacking and the smaller measurements are more susceptible to error thus the lower frequency for thighs and U. Arm. Plus I obsess enough with the scale so I don't really need to add measurements to the obsession

I do not take EC. I IF in the morning with coffee, usually with some cream (I really need to learn to drink this black), and save most of my calories for later in the day when I am more susceptible to giving in to cravings. So far I have not had any out of control hunger urges. As time goes by I expect this to change and expect the free meals will become a little less controlled from the past 2 weeks.
Unread 02-18-2017, 09:55 AM

Thumbs up

Week 2 Results

Week 1: Starting Weight: 181.2, Ending Weight: 176.8, Lb's Lost: -4.4 lbs
Week 2: Starting Weight: 176.8, Ending Weight: 173.8, Lb's Lost: -3.0 lbs
Day 1: 175.8 (-1.0, -5.4, -4.6)
Day 2: 175.6 (-0.2, -5.6, -2.4)
Day 3: 174.4 (-1.2, -6.8, -2.2)
Day 4: 176.0 (+1.6,-5.2, -1.8)
Day 5: 175.2 (-0.8, -6.0, -1.8)
Day 6: 175.6 (+0.4,-5.6, -0.8)
Day 7: 173.8 (-1.8, -7.4, -3.0) Total RFL Weight Loss -7.4lb's

Measurements: 2 week results
Chest:39.00 (-1.00, -1.00)
Waist: 32.50 (-1.50, -1.50) This measured at narrowest part of my waist
Naval: 36.75 (-1.75, -1.75) Belly Bloat is reducing
Hips: 41.50 (-1.50, -1.50)
Arms: 14.00 (-0.00, -0.00) Jacket doesn't feel as tight though
Thigh: 26.50 (-0.50, -0.50)

I am so glad I waited to have my free meal today instead of yesterday. Very happy with the results so far. I am going to switch my free meals from hear on out to Wed. and Saturday unless some social event comes up. This ensures I don't have a free meal on the last day of my RFL week creating a gain right when I am tabulating my weekly results. Which probably means my 3.0 lb loss this week is a little inflated but next weeks results should balance that out.

I am very happy with the results so far. There are some things that I know that I can buckle down on to probably get better results like no cream in my coffee and the past few days have been having an extra egg yolk in my egg whites. And of course could be more active. I am not going to worry about this for the next week as I have a research paper due by March 1st which is stressful enough. Once that is done then I can sharpen my laser focus on RFL by increasing my activity and buckling down on the diet.

Stay the course everyone and have a great weekend!