BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > UD 2.0
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-07-2017, 11:18 PM

I started UD2 around 16-18%. Did about 14 weeks total not including two, two week diet breaks and got to 8% the last cycle from 10-8% I lost zero lean mass as "confirmed by separate dexa scans at the beginning and end of the last 4 week cycle. Lost about .7% per week
I actually really enjoyed ud2 and started it early because RFL while effective wasn't giving me the wieght lifiting volume I wanted. I could have got to my goal a lot sooner but I really wanted to start.
The first 4 week cycle I was spilling over on carbs and side effects I think were probably due to being too fat for the way the program is written.
Anyways it does wear on you and you will find it's not somthing you want to stay on. In the future I personally am going to use it as intended. Enjoy it while I have to use it but not grind through the program for months.
I think it's wise to approach it more as a tool than an all encompassing dieting strategy. I think 12% is probably an ideal place to start. A nice hard and fast 4-6 weeks to get to 8% or so. Just my thoughts

"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
Socrates
Unread 07-16-2017, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysiologyIsPhun View Post
I don't think people realize that when he uses 15% as a maximum, it's usually not even necessary until even lower bf %s (probably 12% or lower, realistically). There's a multitude of reasons why you shouldn't do it above 15% including nutrient partioning, relative ease of other dieting styles, dedicated tracking, etc. Go ahead and reread the book and you can see all the reasons Lyle gives. But if none of that persuades you, consider this: this diet is HARD. I mean HARD. It is not fun for one second, even on the carb load day.

Let me give you a rundown of how every day feels on the diet:
Monday: Wow I'm hungry
Tuesday: Wow I'm hungry and tired
Wednesday: Wow I feel like I got hit by a truck
Thursday (morning): If this carb load wasn't coming up, I'd kill myself
Thursday (evening): Every muscle in my body aches and... CARB COMA
Friday: Entire day consists of eating, trying not to fall asleep, or sitting on the toilet.
Saturday: Actually pretty good. Fun day as long as you have no other plans but being in the gym for 3+ hours.
Sunday: Sweet I get to starve tomorrow

Do you really want to suffer through that for longer than necessary?
Sheesh... aren't you mister bright side. Sure its extreme and challenging, but that could be very appealing for some individuals. like Kennedy said: we should do these things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard (bold eagle screeches at distance). also don't ignore actually being able to add muscle & strength while doing this.
Unread 07-16-2017, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katriss View Post
Sheesh... aren't you mister bright side. Sure its extreme and challenging, but that could be very appealing for some individuals. like Kennedy said: we should do these things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard (bold eagle screeches at distance). also don't ignore actually being able to add muscle & strength while doing this.
I think if you want to do ud2 then you should give it a go. What's the worst that could happen? Assuming you're following the diet as laid out, any "consequences" are going to really just be some physiological obstacles that you would have to grind through to get to the point where ud2 is actually designed to shine. I started too soon and recomped extremely well. But if I could go back in time I think I would have urged myself to hold out just a little longer using RFL before jumping into Ud2.
It's just that after having completed several cycles it had become a lot more apparent that I was using a chisel (ud2) for the work that a sledgehammer (RFL) is best suited for. Traditionally it's best to use the right tool for the job, but hey if you like using the chisel then just go for it. It's. It not gospel to go the traditional route, but there are indeed smart reasons for doing so. I think anyone urging you in this regard to wait whether crass in their approach or not are just trying to illustrate that point.
Go forth to greatness my friend!

"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
Socrates