BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > The Protein Book
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-18-2013, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonsai View Post
i lifted for 6 months and didnt go up in weights eating at maintenance.
Eat more than that. If you start getting fat, dial it back.

Like you were already told.

How hard is this?
Unread 03-18-2013, 12:08 PM

well i just wanted to know others, mostly lyles, views on how much of a surplus teens should eat. im not sure if teens and males bodys gain at the same rate, which in turn would effect the amount of surplus needed. how much of a surplus/ weight gain would you recommend? should i just stick to the good'ole 400-500/4lbs per month?
Unread 03-18-2013, 12:14 PM

Oh, I see. In that case I'd say eat as much as you can until you start noticing you're getting fat, and at that point dial it back.
Unread 03-18-2013, 01:25 PM

Nobody gains at the same rate. There are too many unknown factors to tell you a number and that goes whether you are teen or adult. Your workouts, your daily activity outside workouts, your genetics all to some extent will all effect how your body reacts and what it needs.

You are going to have to experiment like everyone else to find your optimal surplus.
Unread 03-18-2013, 01:29 PM

How can you tell if it's optimal? I've gotten more muscular, however gained a little fat as well. Any advice for how to tell your optimal zone?
Unread 03-18-2013, 03:24 PM

First it was 6 months with no results and now you have gotten more muscular after all. All gains will come with some fat, when you get too much fat start cutting.

There are no magic numbers, certainly not from random people on the internet who have absolutely zero idea about you or your training. If you want to dial in that hard then get a coach who can help you analyze your real world results.

Otherwise it is trial and error. If you are running at 100 calorie daily surplus then try adding another 50 or 100. If that makes you pile on fat too fast then back off again.

Do something consistently for 2 weeks. Analyse the results and either keep doing it or change one thing.
Unread 03-22-2013, 08:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonsai View Post
hey, i was reading your articles on nutrition for bulking, however, im a little confused. ive been told by a respected youtube, jason blaha, that since i am 15 years old (16 in june) a larger surplus of 4lbs/month will do me more harm than good, because my hormones wont be sufficient enough till im 17 to produce and use enough calories to make new LBM. so my question is, should i stick to his recommendations of 2-3lbs/month or should i do a larger one? im just not sure how the human body at my age differs in its ability to produce new muscle mass than say a 17+ male. thanks!

jason likes to talk alot of bull

do what ever feels good
try not to put on too much fat
Unread 03-28-2013, 07:15 AM

Dude you're 16....you dont need to get caught up in all this minutae... lift and eat and drink your milk... if you start getting too fat eat less...
Unread 12-02-2014, 12:02 PM

I don't get why all of you think it's bad for him to track nutrient intake. It's not really that difficult, and I think it will help him out.

You seem like you really want to do things precisely, and I respect that. So I'll give a recommendation that opposes everybody else's, keep track of your calories and macros, it really can't hurt unless you get too obsessive or it starts to annoy you.
Unread 12-31-2014, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugsaredrugs View Post
I don't get why all of you think it's bad for him to track nutrient intake. It's not really that difficult, and I think it will help him out.

You seem like you really want to do things precisely, and I respect that. So I'll give a recommendation that opposes everybody else's, keep track of your calories and macros, it really can't hurt unless you get too obsessive or it starts to annoy you.
Firstly, congratulations on resurrecting a year+ old thread. Secondly, you wrote a load of nonsense. Mr Lakra's posts here are among the most valuable pieces of advice on the boards.