BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-28-2017, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler163 View Post
Because of...someone answer that the novo lipogenesis is irrilrvant while the study (yes an old study...but a study...or only we can trust in new study?) says you could gain 150 gr of fat eating 450 gr of carbo...the same can occur eating 160 gr of fat. So the question of the thread if it is relevant...i think yes Because 450 gr of carbo is not a "extreme" amount neither 150 gr of fat gain is an irrilevan amount. That is my idea...who ask the question could see the 2 opinion and decide...if he prefear to gain 100 gr of fat eating 500 gr of white rice or gain the same amount eating 300 gr of fat cheese. Is like my question about caffeine and lypolisis..for you and squat is irrilevant. .for me and other people on earth it could be relevant.
We KNEW THAT ANYWAY. We already KNOW that with HUGE and SUSTAINED overfeeding of carbs over many days, the body will turn to DNL and potentially A LOT of it.

We KNOW that already. This is a study of EXTREME conditions. The OP was asking about DNL in NORMAL conditions.
Unread 03-28-2017, 04:02 AM

450 gr of carbo an extreme condiction...italian are extremist since the average intake of carbo is at least 400. 300 ml milk more bread and mermelade and fruit. One big plate of pasta (200 gr for average MaMarioat lunch. a snack with bread and cheese. A dinner with a small plate of pasta. And piece of fruit somewhere
Unread 03-28-2017, 04:52 AM

Quote:
450 gr of carbo an extreme condiction...italian are extremist since the average intake of carbo is at least 400. 300 ml milk more bread and mermelade and fruit. One big plate of pasta (200 gr for average MaMarioat lunch. a snack with bread and cheese. A dinner with a small plate of pasta. And piece of fruit somewhere
No. READ THE STUDY. THEY WERE EATING 4000-5000+ CALORIES A DAY. AND HAD COMPLETELY MAXED OUT THEIR GLYCOGEN STORES.

Just be quiet until you get yourself a clue

Last edited by BigPecsPeter : 03-28-2017 at 04:55 AM.
Unread 03-28-2017, 05:34 AM

Yes but definitly they assesed that 450 gr carbo lead to 150 gr fat gain. The diet start at 3500 kcal and the last day at aprox 5000. And the diet was very low in fat. 3% even at 5000 kcal is a fat intake pretty ridiculus, less than 20 gr of fat. I understand what you says...that finally is the kcal they eats that matter...but again if the answer is "dnl is irrilevant"...not man ..is relevant...but you better eat carbs because dnl is less massive than fat storage from fat...i agreee with you that dnl is less important than fat intake and that in internet too much folks state that with fat intake you don t gain fat and it is not correct. But we have to give a correct information. Calorie surplus from carbo could lead to fat gain but less than fat intake. In this way a reader could decide if gain fat with a white rice or pasta or with lamb or cheese...but don t live in the dream of eat carbo without fat and avoid fat gain Because dnl is "irrilevant". If i was an young and inexpert forum reader my take home message if i read dnl is irrilevatn is..i go to eat clean carbo and avoid fat gain.
Unread 03-28-2017, 07:08 AM

Tyler,

Perhaps your take home message should be: if you overeat, you will gain fat. Regardless. I think we knew that already and no one is suggesting otherwise.

Why do people try and make it so complicated?
Unread 03-28-2017, 10:17 AM

Nowadays i am too old and have experience to know it. But in my past...like other people (i don t think i m the only stupid on the earth...and i am oncologist so i have same idea of phisyology) a statement like dnl is irrilevnt open the door to wrong thinking.
Unread 03-28-2017, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Nowadays i am too old and have experience to know it. But in my past...like other people (i don t think i m the only stupid on the earth...and i am oncologist so i have same idea of phisyology) a statement like dnl is irrilevnt open the door to wrong thinking.
What wrong thinking?
Unread 03-29-2017, 12:04 PM

If dnl is irrelevant i could eat a "good" amount without gain fat...
The same when people says without insuline you dont gain fat..people thinks could eat a good amount of fat without gain fat.
The correct answer is dnl is irrelevant when carbo store are low or overall calorie ingested is at manteinance or slightly above
Unread 03-29-2017, 03:09 PM

Quote:
If dnl is irrelevant i could eat a "good" amount without gain fat...
The same when people says without insuline you dont gain fat..people thinks could eat a good amount of fat without gain fat.
The correct answer is dnl is irrelevant when carbo store are low or overall calorie ingested is at manteinance or slightly above
The body will not turn to DNL in any significant amount, except under extreme conditions.

Do you understand?

Extreme conditions include very low fat (less than 10g) and high carbs along with a big calorie surplus.

Extreme conditions include big calorie surplus with glycogen completely maxed out.

And so on.

Extreme conditions does NOT include a calorie surplus with high carbs and high fat. In that case, the body will convert dietary fat to body fat. DNL will be insignificant. The main cause of getting fat will be the dietary fat being stored.
Unread 04-01-2017, 12:58 AM

So...my balance is 1500 i eat 600 gr carbo 100 fat 100 protein. Total 3700 kcal. 2200 over manteinance.
The body store the 100 fat.900 kcal. And 1300 kcal extra of carbo is for a kind of magic no relevant in the fat gain. Obviously i take high number kn a day but that could be a 100 kcal extra over aprox 10 days.
Ok. I take home message. You re right. I m wrong.