BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-22-2018, 04:37 AM

Default Deadlift form check

Hi everybody,

Since I herniated my l5-s1 disk in last july I switched from conventional stance to sumo stance, I think it even helped me to recover as I very rarely feel pain now. But unfortunately I recently felt doing ski, and now i have a pain in the left leg (probably near the knee but I have issues to locate the source) and it is not bearable in sumo stance..

So I switched again to conventional stance, I just dont want to aggravate the herniated disk, so if you can check my form / provide advice, thanks.

https://youtu.be/JmFSzC8hJmE
Unread 03-22-2018, 07:38 AM

looks pretty good to me. Nice work. Seems like you're good at pulling the slack out of the bar before the actual pull, which helps my back. I keep my head a little lower, but that's my preference, and it's hard when you're in front of a mirror.
Unread 03-23-2018, 04:30 AM

Thanks, I feel a bit of pain in my lower back today but it might be doms as I dont train lower back that hard pulling sumo.

Also I feel like I could improve the way down, because I'm rounding the back and the Barbell is not going in a vertical manner, but I dont know how to improve it :/
Unread 03-23-2018, 08:29 AM

I also switched to sumo and it's been easier on my back, but I'm sure you can make conventional work for you too.
I'm not sure on the descent. It looks pretty controlled. Some people basically drop it at the top, but I'm not sure that's a valid way to go for you.