BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > The Protein Book
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-02-2010, 09:19 PM
Banned

Default So what is the recommended protein intake?

How many grams of protein should I take in for every pound of lean body mass if I am a seasoned athlete? To be more exact a bodybuilder.

Do anabolic steroids increase my need for extra dietary protein for muscle repair?

I read your ketogenic diet book. The studies were for a 150 pound individual. It showed that a 150 pound person needs 54g of protein just for muscle repair. Not counting the protein that got converted to ketone bodies. Your information also showed that within 3 months the 150 pound body still needs 54g of protein per a pound of bodyweight just for the muscle repair.

Does 48% percent of dietary protein dissipate for the portion that is used for body repair? Or is it just the portions used to be converted to glucose, fat, and ketone bodies?

Right now I am working to get up to 300 pounds. Then I want to cut down to 265 pounds at 2% bodyfat.

Here's a description of my previous workout routine when I was 250 pounds. I'm going to use a hybrid of Bruce Lee's workout/conditioning routine this time. It uses olympic weightlifting.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...&id=1412783638

Thank you,
Dan Holt
Unread 04-03-2010, 02:10 AM

1-1.5g/lbm is the usual number tossed around.
Unread 04-03-2010, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrescentFresh85 View Post
Then I want to cut down to 265 pounds at 2% bodyfat.
Good luck with that.
Unread 04-03-2010, 05:07 AM

You have to read his training plan. Look for the threads he created.
Unread 04-03-2010, 06:20 AM
Administrator

If your'e not trolling, you're clueless. Either way, knock it off

Quote:
How many grams of protein should I take in for every pound of lean body mass if I am a seasoned athlete? To be more exact a bodybuilder.

Do anabolic steroids increase my need for extra dietary protein for muscle repair?

I read your ketogenic diet book. The studies were for a 150 pound individual. It showed that a 150 pound person needs 54g of protein just for muscle repair. Not counting the protein that got converted to ketone bodies. Your information also showed that within 3 months the 150 pound body still needs 54g of protein per a pound of bodyweight just for the muscle repair.

Does 48% percent of dietary protein dissipate for the portion that is used for body repair? Or is it just the portions used to be converted to glucose, fat, and ketone bodies?

Right now I am working to get up to 300 pounds. Then I want to cut down to 265 pounds at 2% bodyfat.

Here's a description of my previous workout routine when I was 250 pounds. I'm going to use a hybrid of Bruce Lee's workout/conditioning routine this time. It uses olympic weightlifting.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=30726254&id=1412783638

Thank you,
Dan Holt
Unread 04-03-2010, 09:52 AM
Banned

Lyle,

That means you recommend 1g of protein per a pound of bodyweight? Even for a competitive bodybuilder at the level of Jay Cutler?

I've taken legal hormone enhancers:

Nanodrol for 1 month:

13-ethyl-3-methoxy-gona-2,
5(10)-dien-17-one 15mg

2a 17a Dimethyl 17a
Hydroxy 5a Etiocholan 3-one 15mg Take 1 capsule 3 times a day 6 hours apart from each

Cellucor P6 for 2 months:

Proprietary Blend: 588mg

Ovine Placenta Powder
Tribulus Terrestris Extract
-Sitosterol
Cimicifuga Racemosa
Agaricus Bisporus Extract
Eurycoma Longifolia Extract
3,4-Divanillyltetrahydrofuran
Dihydroxy Diosgenin
Sclareolide

Myogenix Spawn for two months far apart from eachother:

Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Serving Per Container: 90

Amount Per Serving:
Estra-4,9-diene-3,17-dione 30mg*
2a,3a-epithio-17a-methyletioallocholanol 8mg*

Ingredients: Maltodextrin,Silicone Dioxide and Gelatin

I can't say if I should have taken in extra protein or not. I'd have 120 grams a day on average. Had a whole lot of carbs and fat. I had all that stuff with creatine monohydrate. I did it all in the past year starting February of 2009. I went from 5'9" 235 pounds to 290 pounds now. I'm 25 years old.

How is this post trolling? I'm asking you some honest questions.

That other thread you took off was their for you, and other people to talk about. It had some information regarding marconutrient intake, creatine monohdrate intake, various books including yours, magnesium intake, and vitamin D intake. I thought it should go in the general discussion but then I realize you use this forum to promote your material. I thought it would do fine being put into the off forum topic discussion. It went into VO2Max and crosstraining. Crosstraining, VO2Max, and HIIT aren't really subjects you have hit on. I remember Arnold Schwarzenneger and other classic bodybuilders talked about the importance of cross training for their goals in the film "Pumping Iron". I'm not too sure what the modern guys practice.

Ultimately I am considering opening up my own online store down the line and selling the supplements I mentioned in an affordable bundle. I didn't include true protein's german creatine monohydrate, if they have any, because I have yet to check out if they offer it.

That facebook picture was put their to prove that I'm not a bullI need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.ter.
Unread 04-03-2010, 10:05 AM
Banned

Look what I found on Kelly Baggerts blog:

http://tnation.tmuscle.com/free_onli...rs_are_fatties

"after seeing these massively inspiring pics im not reluctant at all to bulk to 260 or more (5'8") then cut up so i can look HYOOUJORZ!!! "

I can see myself bench pressing and squatting atleast 600 pounds within a short period of time. Maybe a year's time. When coming back to the gym and not lifting/exercising at all for 6 months I could bench press 225 pounds 4 times in one set the second workout. I could do a head stand for over 30 seconds. I could high jump and long jump. This and I was 280 pounds at the time. I did have creatine in my system.

Kelly Baggerts blog:

http://www.higher-faster-sports.com/bodybuilding.html
Unread 04-03-2010, 10:08 AM

Dude you overanalyze everything way too much.
And you did not read anything on the mainsite. (Protein 1-1,5 g/lbs bodyweight as a natural. Enhanced its probably 1,5-3g/lbs)

And you write and copy/paste too much. Nobody reads that much useless text. Try using the search engine (http://www.google.de/search?hl=de&sa...=&oq=&gs_rfai=)
Unread 04-03-2010, 10:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
..I could bench press 225 pounds 4 times in one set the second workout.

This and I was 280 pounds at the time. I did have creatine in my system.
Benching 55lbs LESS THAN your BW isn't much of task.
Unread 04-03-2010, 10:26 AM
Banned

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/mus...-athletes.html

Here he says for 'Roiders have 2g or more protein per a pound of bodyweight. Other sources say bodybuilders only go higher than 1.5 g/lb. of bodyweight when they're cutting. Since 42% of protein is dissipated in metabolizing the other 58% to be converted to glucose or fat it's an easy weightloss aid.

He says science in inconclusive in finding an exact amount for 'roiders. One important factor is to take in plenty of fat and carbs to spare muscle protein from being converted to fat or glucose. This will slow down muscle gains as your muscles are constantly being metabolized.

I have my own idea of how we can find what the protein requirement for a 'roider and hypertrophy non 'roider athlete is. Just take measurements to find out what their bodyweight and lean body mass is. Then measure them everyday to see what the changes are. You will see a gradual increase of muscle throughout the week. Within that week you just take the amount of added muscle and divide it by 7. Then you can say this many ounces or pounds of muscle were gained in the week. An ounce is 28 grams. So that would be 28g of protein in gains alone.

I came across medical evidence that the body also recycles protein tissue from muscles. So when tissue is damaged the body metabolizing it again. Can't say more than that though as I don't know the technical details. I also can't say how that woud affect protein intake.