BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-18-2017, 01:18 PM

Cool Other people's opinions

Went from 20%+ BF to shredded in about 65 days, going to continue a few weeks until the last bit of whoosh is gone.
Thanks Lyle, you are a legend,
Anyway, every day it's the same,
"You look like you have Anemia now"
"Why do you look like a junke, your face is all sucked in"
"It can't be healthy loosing that much weight THAT fast"
"I'd never do what your doing, imagine if your doctor found out"
"You want to be a bodybuilder and compete one day? Then why are you doing the exact opposite and being really unhealthy"
"You look unwell now"
*anything that comes up from a common cold or feeling tired* = "see this is why you should stop what your doing we are all really worried about you.

I'm not bothered what people think about me, not even sure why I'm making this thread, just curious to see if other people are around such unsupportive people every day at work/home. If so, have you found a way to make this RFL approach "normal"?

Anyway, back to dieting
Unread 01-18-2017, 02:10 PM

They're jealous that they can't lose the weight. Let alone that fast.
Unread 01-18-2017, 03:22 PM

Something I've learned in life is that people don't like change and that applies to the people in their lives. The change, even if it is positive (such as a fat friend getting healthy), seems to threaten that ecosystem.

Not sure why people are that way. I try not to let people's precious feelings get in the way of what I want to achieve.
Unread 01-18-2017, 03:47 PM

I dunno...

In periods of rapid leanness, I've had black women stop me on the street to tell me I was beautiful. Or tell me I have a great body. Or black dudes calling me superman or captain america. Or women trying to pick me up at coffee shops. Or everybody generally cheerleading for me. Mostly, black people. I don't know why they are so nice and encouraging.

You could surround yourself with more positive people. Or black people. You should argue when somebody claims something is unhealthy in a nebulous way. They are enemies of our truth. We don't want that in the human experiment. We want a maturing consensus, wherein we can all learn to be content with eachothers' physical condition, and for the sake of aesthetics, get as lean as possible, as soon as possible.

There are also the uncomfortable bad people, some of them fat people, who would rather you stay overweight, because they are insecure.

So, summing up:

1. Be around black people
2. Ignore the bad people
3. Argue with the wrong people

In a way, your antagonists are empowering you, though, as you change and they don't.

Last edited by squat : 01-18-2017 at 03:50 PM.
Unread 01-18-2017, 09:55 PM

You can't (and shouldn't) please people, they're never satisfied.

If you're not active, then you get "Why you don't train something, that's not healthy".
When you finally lift your arse and train something, then you get "You're compensating/obssesing, that's not healthy".

Humanoids are weird. And what squat said, all of it.
Unread 01-19-2017, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallion009 View Post
Something I've learned in life is that people don't like change and that applies to the people in their lives. The change, even if it is positive (such as a fat friend getting healthy), seems to threaten that ecosystem.

Not sure why people are that way. I try not to let people's precious feelings get in the way of what I want to achieve.
Seconded.

Also, when in doubt in modern society, assume narcissism. They're not commenting on your change, but on themselves, as evident physical change in another threatens their world view that they are perfectly healthy and look the way they ought to.
Unread 01-19-2017, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squat View Post
I dunno...

In periods of rapid leanness, I've had black women stop me on the street to tell me I was beautiful. Or tell me I have a great body. Or black dudes calling me superman or captain america. Or women trying to pick me up at coffee shops. Or everybody generally cheerleading for me. Mostly, black people. I don't know why they are so nice and encouraging.

You could surround yourself with more positive people. Or black people. You should argue when somebody claims something is unhealthy in a nebulous way. They are enemies of our truth. We don't want that in the human experiment. We want a maturing consensus, wherein we can all learn to be content with eachothers' physical condition, and for the sake of aesthetics, get as lean as possible, as soon as possible.

There are also the uncomfortable bad people, some of them fat people, who would rather you stay overweight, because they are insecure.

So, summing up:

1. Be around black people
2. Ignore the bad people
3. Argue with the wrong people

In a way, your antagonists are empowering you, though, as you change and they don't.
I share your appreciation for and mystification at the general social positivity of our darker brethren.
Unread 01-20-2017, 03:58 PM

Thanks for the replies.
Just a funny update,
Today my boss took me into the meeting room with 2 other senior managers. They asked me formally if my health is okay, I'm looking a bit thin and they are concerned.
I kept my cool, bit my tongue and explained to them that it was for a short period of time. I just told them I eat a lot outside of work and the drastic change was due to being inactive, drinking alcohol a lot and lots of junk food before. Then to eating healthy and going to the gym. It was a big life change and that's why I look different.
Shouldn't have probably told my boss I was drinking a lot, oh well.
They told me to look after myself in a kind of patronising way.
Hopefully that's the end of it.
My girlfriend says I shouldn't take offence, they are just looking out for me.

Ironically, they are all fat, obese and inactive.
Unread 01-21-2017, 02:13 AM

Haha, typical. I think you've handled it pretty well. I would probably feel offended and be more direct.
Unread 01-21-2017, 04:28 AM

I know people are jumping to jealousy here, but I've never had so many tell me I look unhealthy and express concern for my health except for when I was unhealthy (low thyroid). Are you sure your nutrition is where it's meant to be?