BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > UD 2.0
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-18-2017, 04:27 AM

Default Calorie adjustement during UD2.0 and exceed protein marcos on carb loading day

Hi guys, i am trying the Ultimate Diet 2.0 now and i have some question.

1 - Do you guys adjust the calories during the ud2.0 process? i mean you mount the diet calories and macros base on your top bulking weight, but during the process do you stick do that reference right? or you made some adjustments because you are loosing weight?

2 - Is hard dont exceed the protein macros during the carb loading days... at least for me that i was 159lbs in the beggining... i almost cant eat real protein sources (meat, fish) or i pass a lot the protein macros. this happens with you guys to? what do you do in this cases?
Unread 06-18-2017, 10:14 AM

1. I adjust carb load. More carbs as you get leaner

2. Skip.meat/dairy on carb load days or you'll overshoot protein a ton. Not a huge deal though imo
Unread 07-05-2017, 02:45 PM

I adjust my carbs as I go. Every Thursday morning when I fill in the body comp values in my workbook it automatically calculates the adjusted carb requirement for that load and cross references it with the amount of carbs currently planned to be eaten for that load. I do a quick check on those numbers and then adjust the day's meals in my Meal Planner workbook to reflect the new values. Usually they are just small adjustments...nothing major.

It is really easy to consume more than 1g/lbs protein during the carb load since so many foods spill over into protein. You don't want to totally blow the protein value out of the water! I often try to eat a little more than 1g/lbs if I can since I can't be 100% certain that all of that spill-over protein is as good a quality source as I would like. So just be sure that most sources that you do account for are of acceptable quality and you should be good.

Like most of us very few of my meals actually look like a meal in the traditional sense. They are typically a collection of very specific pieces to the nutrient puzzle...often appearing like random stuff from the pantry. But if it provides good quality nutrients and allows you to hit your macros then that is all that matters.
Unread 07-05-2017, 06:24 PM

I'd like to jump on this thread just because it reminded me of a similar question I had awhile back. As far as I'm aware, all calories consumed pre/post tension workout count toward your carb load. I'm fairly certain I remember reading to consume ~25g whey pre workout and another 50g of whey for 2 more meals following the workout. This already puts you at 125g, which even for the largest lifters, will leave less than 75g of protein for the rest of the carb load. Do you just not count the whey or how is that even possible?
Unread 07-07-2017, 05:47 AM

for me it's even harder because it's only 134g of protein in the carb loading... it's 15g of whey pre-workout + 44g of protein post-workout + 44g of protein in a solid meal so it's around 100g of protein. i really dont know unless you only eat rice the rest of the day...

Last edited by jpfonseka : 07-07-2017 at 05:52 AM.
Unread 07-14-2017, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpfonseka View Post
+ 44g of protein post-workout + 44g of protein in a solid meal
I haven't seen this referenced in the book, can you point me to that part? Thanks.
Unread 07-15-2017, 08:02 AM

He says to "target" protein at that amount. It's ok if your off by a little. Just accept the tag along proteins from carb sources. It's more of an issue of getting more calories, a little extra protein won't hurt, but at that carb level the extra protein will just be excess cals.
Anyways I "worried" about it but after reading around the answer on the forum it became clear that unless your eating 400-500g of protein it just doesnt matter.. even at the amount of protein it's not blowing your efforts away.
Your just concerned about following the law and letter of the diet, which is understandable, but this is one of those areas for some wiggle room.
For me I never paid attention I just ate the starches I wanted without using chicken, eggs or other explicit protein sources and if I had a little more wheat and the tag along proteins then so be it.

"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
Socrates
Unread 07-15-2017, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fet View Post
I haven't seen this referenced in the book, can you point me to that part? Thanks.
Page 63, the section on sample carb load.. "1 g/lb of carbohydrates and 1/3rd as much protein"

Jpfonseka is using 44g because they are using 132 grams of carbs because they have 132 lbs of lean mass.

The post workout carb load shakes are a sample carb load. I personally tried using the shakes as he outlined, I tolerated it very well but two shakes take up 25% of my carbs for the carb load and I got say.. for me at least, it felt like I was cheating myself out of eating somthing more fun. I used this opportunity to eat 1-2 lbs of gummy bears. even still it's not really necessary, just get some fast carbs in right after

"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
Socrates