BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-25-2017, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEATMEOUTTAME View Post
Very helpful and insightful! You are a great wealth of information in the community!
To be fair, you keep writing things that, aside from being bizarre, are tending to verge on the outright insane
Unread 09-25-2017, 08:25 PM

Intervals are best for improving VO2 max.

And there is conflicting info online as to whether squats increase VO2 max. If you'll notice I said IIRC. As in, I'm not sure about this... IIRC means "hey if someone knows, please chime in". Nothing insane about it.
Still haven't seen anyone prove/disprove or explain why squats are or are not good for improving VO2 max. It seems to me they'd be a little on the short end of time necessary for a strong adaptation though.

I know it takes a TON of LISS to improve VO2 max only slightly.

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=23215

Thank you Lyle. This website is a game changer once you understand the mechanisms behind fat loss/muscle gain.

Spun my wheels for years prior to finding this site.
Unread 09-25-2017, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightng View Post
I find it ridiculous that my heart/lungs were in such bad shape when my exercise regimen consisted of just weight lifting + sedentary lifestyle.

Back in March I ran 2.3 miles at a 10:30 min/mile pace and was gassed at the end. My heart rate averaged in the high 160's (well above lactate threshold lmao).

Since then i've run upward of 600 miles and currently average 10hrs a day. I'm training for a marathon and my cardiovascular system is in a much better position ~45 VO2max but I'm still in shock that I had the endurance of a senior citizen.

Even now, I'm pretty sure I've only gotten myself up to the "average" capability of a dude my age.

I'm honestly in utter disbelief at how people can completely neglect aerobic work at all. Unless i'm some kind of genetic anomaly, I wouldn't even consider myself healthy.

Is this an n=1 experience? Or do you guys who never do cardio have good enough aerobics to stand up and run a decent 5k, 10k, etc?

(I was healthy at the time btw aged 24, 5'8 and 150lbs)
How old are you now? 24 or maybe 25? Am I reading this right? If you're talking about a difference between now and March, you're going to have to be a little more patient, I think.