BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-24-2017, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyLifting145 View Post
Yes.. there are some mesocycles with less volume.. But, those mesocycles that I am referring to last for a good amount time, at minimum at least 3 weeks each. So 3 weeks of the high volume upper/lower and 3 weeks of high volume 6 day a week training. So I don't know, I am thinking this is too much based on Lyle's recommendaitons. If the GBR becomes too much once someone becomes advanced and thats only 18 sets for upper body, then wouldn't 29 sets be overkill, even if there are mesocycles cycled in with less volume?
I've been skimming over the plan, but please note that intensity isn't that high on that specific phase. You will recover.

If you'd apply the same volume during the strength phase, then it would probably be too high. Also be aware that Brad let's you overreach a little bit at the end of each cycle.
Unread 10-26-2017, 04:19 PM

I did the routine and didn't find it all that taxing. The high rep stuff (which I've always struggled with) was the hardest, but I never felt I couldn't recover or was put at risk for injury with the recommended volume.

My only gripe was I felt there was too much exercise variation. I didn't know my RPM for all the recommended exercises, so I ended up sticking with the ones I knew my weights for.