BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-25-2017, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LioRiX View Post
Thank you both, I do own this video of Squats, it was taken like 3 weeks ago so I could see if the form is okay. It looks fine to me, but what do you guys think?:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_u1N2vX1Sc

As of the Leg Press. Well, before GBR I used to do 40KG on each side for 12 reps. Now with the GBR it's 6-8 reps so I literally jumped from 40 to 70KG each side. However, I don't think the seat is related, because whatever you do it's still vertical for the back.
One last thing, I stopped doing DLs for RDLs. Could they cause it as well? (Assuming something's wrong with them)
Squats look fine but I don't really squat much anymore. For your DL video, keep your head up more and your arms seem a little bent. There should be no arm movement at all.

Try taping your leg press. Your DL has only minor issues so that may be a part of it but guessing your leg press may have issues then.
Unread 10-25-2017, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssg10587 View Post
Squats look fine but I don't really squat much anymore. For your DL video, keep your head up more and your arms seem a little bent. There should be no arm movement at all.

Try taping your leg press. Your DL has only minor issues so that may be a part of it but guessing your leg press may have issues then.
I gave up on DLs a while ago, I'm RDLing now on both Lowers since then.
Anyway, so would it be wise to drop Leg Presses for the following week, and if pain is continuing, put back Leg Press and take off Squats? I don't know any other way I could infer wth is causing this.
The only thing I'm sure about (which is ridiciously unhelpful) is that it occurs from Lower days, hence, 1 or more of 7 exercises.
Unread 10-25-2017, 10:28 AM

Quote:
I gave up on DLs a while ago, I'm RDLing now on both Lowers since then.
Anyway, so would it be wise to drop Leg Presses for the following week, and if pain is continuing, put back Leg Press and take off Squats? I don't know any other way I could infer wth is causing this.
The only thing I'm sure about (which is ridiciously unhelpful) is that it occurs from Lower days, hence, 1 or more of 7 exercises.
Easiest: Id video both your leg press and RDL then reference against websites or ask here.

Other things to consider: Not enough rest, your upper days may be further stressing lower back such as rowing or bench and OH press.

If none of the above works, the best bet would be stop all lowers for 2 weeks or until pain stops then slowly add each back in and see when pain occurs

Last edited by ssg10587 : 10-25-2017 at 10:33 AM.
Unread 10-26-2017, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssg10587 View Post
Easiest: Id video both your leg press and RDL then reference against websites or ask here.

Other things to consider: Not enough rest, your upper days may be further stressing lower back such as rowing or bench and OH press.

If none of the above works, the best bet would be stop all lowers for 2 weeks or until pain stops then slowly add each back in and see when pain occurs
Thanks man. I really don't want to give up on BP nor OHP, but I'll consider replacing BOR with a Cable Row.

About the recovery you mentioned - can an improper diet be a factor to the knee pain?
Unread 10-26-2017, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Thanks man. I really don't want to give up on BP nor OHP, but I'll consider replacing BOR with a Cable Row.

About the recovery you mentioned - can an improper diet be a factor to the knee pain?
Are your fats low or are you not taking fishing oil? If any of those is yes then maybe but doubtful. With adequate fats, you should be set. Fish oil will just help further to prevent and repair injury.

Also I wouldnt take bench of OHP out. Id really recommend what I mentioned of taking time off to heal then easing back in and see when pain occurs. It sucks but knee and back pain are worse and suck more.
Unread 11-15-2017, 03:38 AM

Hello everybody, I'm currently running a modified lyle gbr routine as follow :
upper 1
3x6-8 bench press
3x6-8 chest sup row
3x10-12 weighted dips
3x10 chin ups
3x8-10 overhead press
2x12-15 hammer curl
2x12-15 skullcrushers
2-3x12-15 facepulls

upper 2
3x6-8 inclined bench press
3x6-8 weighted pull ups
3x10-12 weighted dips
3x10-12 chest sup row
3x8-10 upright row
2x12-15 standard curl
2x12-15 skullcrushers
2-3x12-15 facepulls

I am asking questions about my shoulder exercise, especially on day 1, wouldn't it be better to switch it to 3x8-12 lateral raises ? Are the front delt hit enough with bp + weighted dips ? And even for the day 2 I'm not sure for the upright row, could lateral raises also be a better choice ?
Unread 11-15-2017, 03:51 AM

Both upright rows and side raises are valid options. I think the main question is: what's your goal?
- High volume front delts, low volume side delts? If so, keep the overhead press.
- Moderate volume front delts, moderate volume side delts? If so, change the overhead press with side delt raises.

Take into account that both face pulls and overhead press may still activate the side delts to some extend.
Unread 11-15-2017, 08:19 AM

Well I might replace ohp with 3x8-12 lateral raises (once I'll know how to do them properly) front delt is clearly not a lagging part on my body whereas I think that a bit more mass on side delts would look good.

If you know any good link to perform lateral raises correctly... because at the gym from one guy to another they're doing them completely differently.
Unread 11-15-2017, 08:46 AM

Aside from moving the dumbbells to, well, the sides, that's a difficult question to answer. Some say that the wrist should lead and the elbow should follow, some say vice versa. Some say lean forward a little, some say stand upright.

In my opinion, just pick the form you feel most comfortable with and try to overload from there.

Take into account that the curve of resistance is skewed in such way that the last portion of the exercise is significantly harder than the first part. Therefore, once you get strong it will probably be required to use some body English and slightly bend elbows to still be able to progress.

Last edited by Determinism : 11-15-2017 at 08:48 AM.
Unread 11-15-2017, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinism View Post
Aside from moving the dumbbells to, well, the sides, that's a difficult question to answer. Some say that the wrist should lead and the elbow should follow, some say vice versa. Some say lean forward a little, some say stand upright.

In my opinion, just pick the form you feel most comfortable with and try to overload from there.

Take into account that the curve of resistance is skewed in such way that the last portion of the exercise is significantly harder than the first part. Therefore, once you get strong it will probably be required to use some body English and slightly bend elbows to still be able to progress.
Right

The most important thing is that you pick a form that you're able to progressively overload with