BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > UD 2.0
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-20-2011, 12:33 AM

Thumbs up My (perfectionist) approach to UD2! EXCEL attached! please review!

Hi everyone,

After reading and analysing the book a few (many!) times I've decided to prepare an excel sheet to help me calculate all the different aspects of the diet.

I'm trying to follow it out as closely as possible and I would like your input to know if I have missed some important part or I have made some calculations mistake.

NOTES:
1. ONLY change the yellow boxes on the "Configuration" worksheet.
2. See the results on the "Results" worksheet.
3. I followed the book as much as I could
4. The supplements is a list of what I AM going to take. I might include in the future features to change this.
5. Places where you see a red arrow, if you select it, it will give you a tip from the book
6. The excel is protected, so you cannot change it (so people don't mess it up). If you really want to, the password for it is: lyle
5. Please let me know if I have a calculation mistake

PLEASE: keep me updated! I put lots of effort to it and would like to have some feedback!

Updated excel is here:
http://WWW.ANDY.ME/WORKOUTS/UD2_Calculations.xlsx
Unread 10-20-2011, 05:35 AM

Nice job! Thanks for your hard work.
Unread 10-23-2011, 04:27 AM

Nice work
Unread 10-25-2011, 12:57 AM

Oooh, that's cool!

Mighty thanks!
Unread 10-28-2011, 02:24 PM

Wow, very very nice work!

The only bug I've seen is when you change the start day of the week the day of the split is wrong. For example, pick a wednesday start day. It has a Thursday until lunch and a thursday after lunch which should be saturday having the split. Not a big deal obviously, just something small for those of us not on a monday start.

Also, it is putting the power day at below maintenace, is that intended? I looked at lyles book again and in general it says maint for most, cut a little out if your goal is more weight loss.

Anyway, fabulous work. Thanks a bunch.
Unread 10-28-2011, 06:14 PM

Default What about the Bloody English?

One minor criticism is that user is required to enter weights using the metric system, which then converts the numbers into the English system of pounds. This backwards for those of us who are more familar with pounds.

With a little more programming, you could have the spreadsheet accept either pounds OR kilograms and then do the conversion to the other system.

If you REALLY wanted to make this 'multicultural', and provide support for members in England such as MissChill, you could create another cell that reported your weight in STONES!

Last edited by Deep Purple : 10-28-2011 at 06:32 PM.
Unread 10-29-2011, 03:06 PM

Absolutely amazing effort. Seriously grateful.

A few changes I needed to make though:

Saturday and Sunday's protein should be 1g of protein per pound of total body weight, not lean body mass.

Actually, that's the only thing that I noticed.

Once again, brilliant work.
Unread 10-31-2011, 06:40 PM

Thanks for the feedback guys.

A few comments:
I was used an old UD2 book, I'm (anxiously) waiting for the new edition I ordered. Should arrive in a week or two and then I'll update the chart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribute View Post
Wow, very very nice work!

The only bug I've seen is when you change the start day of the week the day of the split is wrong. For example, pick a wednesday start day. It has a Thursday until lunch and a thursday after lunch which should be saturday having the split. Not a big deal obviously, just something small for those of us not on a monday start.

Also, it is putting the power day at below maintenace, is that intended? I looked at lyles book again and in general it says maint for most, cut a little out if your goal is more weight loss.

Anyway, fabulous work. Thanks a bunch.
Nice catch on the workdays. I hard-coded the Thursday, I'll try to find a way to make the fifth day the split one.

On the power day, I'm following this:
4-5 g/kg lean of carbs, 1 g/lb protein, and 40-50gr of fat
But you're right that it's coming below maintenance (at least on my case).
I suppose you could up the carbs/protein/fats in the power workout configuration and the "Protein per lb for non low carb days" to match maintenance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Purple
One minor criticism is that user is required to enter weights using the metric system, which then converts the numbers into the English system of pounds. This backwards for those of us who are more familar with pounds.

With a little more programming, you could have the spreadsheet accept either pounds OR kilograms and then do the conversion to the other system.

If you REALLY wanted to make this 'multicultural', and provide support for members in England such as MissChill, you could create another cell that reported your weight in STONES!
Since the calculations on the book are some as "per lb" and some as "per kg", I used both.

Next version:
Will add that you can input YOUR weight in pounds (and even stones if you wish! )
Next next version:
To see the results on different types of measurements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityBeyond
Absolutely amazing effort. Seriously grateful.

A few changes I needed to make though:

Saturday and Sunday's protein should be 1g of protein per pound of total body weight, not lean body mass.

Actually, that's the only thing that I noticed.

Once again, brilliant work.
Great find! updated...

[mods] I can't edit my first post? (to show a history of what has changed)
Unread 11-01-2011, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adk View Post
I was used an old UD2 book, I'm (anxiously) waiting for the new edition I ordered. Should arrive in a week or two and then I'll update the chart.
There's a new edition of UD2 out? On Lyles website it still says first edition, am I missing something? What's been added to the new edition? I'd love to get it! Thanks! (fantastic excel sheet BTW!)
Unread 11-01-2011, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarterc View Post
There's a new edition of UD2 out? On Lyles website it still says first edition, am I missing something? What's been added to the new edition? I'd love to get it! Thanks! (fantastic excel sheet BTW!)
To be honest, not sure. After reading some posts on the forum I made that conclusion.

In any case, there is a limit of how much you can use a friend's book, so I bought a copy for me