BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Supplements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-08-2017, 08:03 AM

Default nicotine

Its mentioned in Lyle's sfs patch and i used it before for prep and what not. Mostly the gum and the mini lozenges. This question is probably too obvious, but wouldn't vaping provide the safe effects? I find the dosing is easier, and more convenient (eg, can drink liquids while vaping, chewing the gum delivers the dose quick and then dies out,etc) Thanks in advance.
Unread 06-08-2017, 10:01 AM

Presumably yes, vaporizing nicotine is safer than smoking cigarettes (or any other form of actually smoking tobacco).

But who knows how everything else in that oil (flavoring...etc.) could effect your health long term.

Personally, I wouldn't worry too much about it. But from my limited research on it (of which I'm speaking off the cuff about now, I don't have any off hand) it's a relatively new product with clearly not as much research as actual smoking.

I'm also a bit lost on how the dosing is easier, dose a vape pen for example tell you how many milligrams you get per "hit"?
Unread 06-08-2017, 10:19 AM

Thank you. Ok the dosing is easier in the sense that if i put a 2mg gum or mint in my mouth i have to eat it all. If i take out mint and eat it later it tastes bad. The oil i have is 12mg/ml and the tank is 3ml. So i know theres 36mg in the whole serving. I take puffs till i feel some stimulation- i dont know how many mg I ingested because its not really easy to tell the liquid levels. I kinda misstated what I meant by easier dosing I guess.
Unread 06-08-2017, 10:54 AM

Up to you but id rather stick with the lozenge/gum at a low dosage combined with some caffeine to get a bit of a metabolic boost (and maybe some leptin outside of dopamine/serotinin/noradrenaline,,,gaba,etc)

There isnt too much research with vaping and the one research study didnt look like magic compared to the old nic/caffeine combo from several years ago,

Here is the vaping study done acutely at a higher dosage with exercise,
No changes in rmr and main effects were on blood oressure,

I like the lozenge/gum as it takes roughly 30 min for it to peak with a slow decline after a few hours,

I think vaping peaks in only a few minures and declines rapidly as well,

Here is the vaping study
http://digitalcommons.wku.edu/ijes/vol9/iss5/7/

If it were me id stick with the old school combo of some coffee and 1 to 2mg nic gum
Unread 06-08-2017, 11:11 AM

Wait wait wait... let me get this straight; caffeine and nicotine is a stack people use for fat loss??

Is this "safe" for those who do not smoke/chew/vape/whatever-else-has-nicotine-that-people-do...?
Unread 06-08-2017, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisGM View Post
Wait wait wait... let me get this straight; caffeine and nicotine is a stack people use for fat loss??

Is this "safe" for those who do not smoke/chew/vape/whatever-else-has-nicotine-that-people-do...?
What? Are you asking if nicotine safer for people who already consume it? Smokers and non-smokers certainly have different ideas about what's safe.

Smoking/chewing/snus/whatever is worse than nicotine alone, that much is known. There's a bunch of other chemicals in whole tobacco products which ostensibly lead to cancer and so on.
Unread 06-08-2017, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squat View Post
What? Are you asking if nicotine safer for people who already consume it? Smokers and non-smokers certainly have different ideas about what's safe.

Smoking/chewing/snus/whatever is worse than nicotine alone, that much is known. There's a bunch of other chemicals in whole tobacco products which ostensibly lead to cancer and so on.
Yeah sorry that was not clear... I was wondering if taking a nicotine/caffeine stack was safe.
Unread 06-08-2017, 02:30 PM

I would not recommend taking this stack mainly because nicotine addiction is absolutely horrible. I'm not sure if 1-2mg is enough to cause it, but the addiction is very real if you begin to consume it regularly.

That being said, I use nicotine frequently for the appetite - suppressing effects, but I started on it recreationally. Swedish snus is my preferred method, and the research on it shows no risk of cancer outside of a slightly increased risk of pancreatic cancer in a study that was poorly controlled:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4029226/

Once again, I wouldn't recommend starting because it is addictive, but it definitely works.
Unread 06-08-2017, 02:47 PM

THanks guys, learnt a thing or two

@mrskinnyfat: thanks for study, wasn't aware

@Travis: I think not taking anything is safer than taking nicotine/caffeine, but life's full of choices

@ physiology: Thanks. I use it on/off too. I have taken a bit of the snus/kodiak once in a while, but really don't like it. It seems to really screw with my preexisting GERD and gives me terrible heartburn for hrs
Unread 06-08-2017, 09:49 PM

Yeah snus definitely causes some GI discomfort in some people. I fondly remember the first few times I used it I felt like I was going to throw up after a bit. Oh, to be young again