BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > UD 2.0
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-21-2017, 01:44 PM

Default How do you feel after the depletion/tension workouts?

The book and many peoples' accounts suggest you should be in some serious pain post-depletion/tension workouts.

I know what this feels like from when I started doing Insanity a few years ago from a completely untrained state - lying on the ground, feeling like you're gonna vom.

After a couple months though my body adapted to the exertion and was still hard, but not painful (if that makes any sense).

Is that what typically happens after a few cycles of these workouts once your body develops enough cardiovascular endurance/strength? Or is does it pretty much always stay at misery-levels of pain/nausea?
Unread 06-21-2017, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoat View Post
The book and many peoples' accounts suggest you should be in some serious pain post-depletion/tension workouts.

I know what this feels like from when I started doing Insanity a few years ago from a completely untrained state - lying on the ground, feeling like you're gonna vom.

After a couple months though my body adapted to the exertion and was still hard, but not painful (if that makes any sense).

Is that what typically happens after a few cycles of these workouts once your body develops enough cardiovascular endurance/strength? Or is does it pretty much always stay at misery-levels of pain/nausea?
The misery and pain that I experienced was intense muscular burning mostly after the 3rd and 6th sets of leg presses. I would complete the set which ended in a crazy lactic acid build up and would be incredibly "painful" just to finish them, after about 30 sec to a min when the endorphins subsided some I would feel this excruciatingly uncomfortable aching. Like my legs were giant bags of acid. It would be a very dull but extremely prominent aching that left be writhing. It would bring with it almost uncontrollable moaning. It got better some or I just got used to it but those legs presses man, they always kicked my butt. Other muscle groups weren't as bad but quads, calves, hams, chest were the worst for me in his regard
I found a trick that helped though. I would do my three sets of leg presses and then before I could feel the swellling pain I would hobble over to chest press, NOT the antagonistic muscle group, that made it worse, but I would swiftly move to a new muscle group and start repping it out. Worked well, the pain would be there but maybe half as bad.
I ended up doing this:
Leg press
Chest press
Hams
Row
Calves
Shoulders
Bis
Tris

I've done ud2 for many many cycles and this line up really helped with the pain.
Whether this was in my head as a way to "keep my mind off of it" or moving swiftly to another muscle group and repping it out helped decrease a pump and blood flow to the pained area and made it worse I don't know, but it worked pretty darn well.
Stretching and walking it off made it much much worse

"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
Socrates