BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-24-2017, 07:13 PM

I believe I recall Lyle mentioning that 2/3 of your normal volume is roughly optimal for maintenance.

Obviously maintaining intensity on the bar is paramount. With Strength decreases being fairly indicative of muscle loss.

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=23215

Thank you Lyle. This website is a game changer once you understand the mechanisms behind fat loss/muscle gain.

Spun my wheels for years prior to finding this site.
Unread 09-24-2017, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEATMEOUTTAME View Post
I believe I recall Lyle mentioning that 2/3 of your normal volume is roughly optimal for maintenance.

Obviously maintaining intensity on the bar is paramount. With Strength decreases being fairly indicative of muscle loss.
Unread 09-24-2017, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squat View Post
Whew lad. Finally found my optimal routine. God is good.

Anyway, been eating isocaloric macros more or less. Find it more enjoyable/satiating etc than high c or p with moderate f. Lazy IF too mostly on work days.
Unread 09-27-2017, 10:57 PM

Default Too much

In the past, 1x/week of full body training with 2-3 sets per muscle group per week has been enough to keep my muscle.
Unread 09-28-2017, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEATMEOUTTAME View Post

Wow. Wrong again!

https://www.bodyrecomposition.com/tr...s-part-2.html/

Research showed you can CUT volume and frequency by 2/3rds. That means, if you know basic math, that 1/3 of your usual volume will do for maintenance.

Read the article. You may learn something
Unread 09-28-2017, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Shredderer View Post
In the past, 1x/week of full body training with 2-3 sets per muscle group per week has been enough to keep my muscle.
Aye I think I misrepresented what I was asking for. Not looking for absolute minimum that's sufficient but def a quicker and shorter way just because I enjoy lifting and would.miss it doing that little. Just waiting till I want to do more stuff and get more 'drive'. My leg training is basically what you described, though, 3 sets once a week for quad ham etc.

Last edited by w1cked : 09-28-2017 at 06:12 AM.
Unread 09-28-2017, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPecsPeter View Post
Wow. Wrong again!

https://www.bodyrecomposition.com/tr...s-part-2.html/

Research showed you can CUT volume and frequency by 2/3rds. That means, if you know basic math, that 1/3 of your usual volume will do for maintenance.

Read the article. You may learn something
I'm convinced his has to be an elaborate troll account with some long term payoff
Unread 09-28-2017, 08:53 AM

I do something similar here and there. Sometimes it's good to just get in for some brief workouts for a while. Heavy, high volume lifting over a period of time can wear you down physically and mentally and just getting in for some abbreviated workouts can be a break from time to time without really losing anything. I've found I can often get stronger although this effect is usually quite limited- the typical dissipate fatigue, get stronger kind of thing.
Unread 09-28-2017, 03:29 PM

When I reached the point that I got burnt out on heavy load, heavy volume I reduced volume and load and started getting into the olympic lifts. That got me going again for a while. It kept me in the gym and motivated to do something weights related. It was fun to work on a skill, and the rapid progress was motivating as I moved from suck to less suck.
Unread 09-28-2017, 05:05 PM

Thanks guys both of you get what I'm aiming for. Was actually thinking of doing some volunteering and/or pickup sport too for a change of pace. Did some extra back work today was totally 'feeling' it.