BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-29-2017, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcdonald View Post
And with low back issues, that's perfectly fine and can be fixed with a damn leg curl
The addition of direct ham work fixes the issue, yes. I was just making sure the OP was aware that it is more of a quad dominant movement compared to RDL/DL.

The routine you suggested a post later works just fine.
Unread 10-31-2017, 04:25 AM

As I've also got lower back issues, specially on back squat, I've switched deadlift to sumo deadlift which even helped me to recover from my herniated disc (I don't know the logical reason behind it but I'm feeling good now), you should give it a try for your lower back pain. The only remaining issue is that I don't have enough power to do sumo + leg press twice a week & assistance work so I'm planning to work like this for the next gbr cycle :

Lower day 1 :
- Sumo deadlift 3x5
- Leg curl 3x10-12
- Leg ext 3x10-12
- calves 5x5 heavy
- calves 3x8-10

Lower day 2 :
- Front squat 3x6-8
- RDL 3x6-8 (maybe there is a better option as I'm a bit worry for my back)
- Leg ext 2x10-12
- Leg curl 2x10-12
Calves like day 1

I don't know if it is enough work, and there is only one leg curl in my gym (which is sitted) if you see any improvement to my template (even if the reps/sets must be modified) I'll be glad to hear it
Unread 10-31-2017, 07:30 AM

Lower back issues can mean a lot of things. Nobody can diagnose that from the internet and it's something you're going to have to figure out for yourself (or with a good doctor or physical therapist.)

Both trap bar DL and sumo DL tend to be relatively easier on the lower back than conventional DL but the key word there is relatively... as in, they still heavily involve lower back and they may still be injurious to someone who already has preexisting issues.

The programming looks fine if you can do it safely.