BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > UD 2.0
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-14-2017, 06:40 PM

Default How are you all finishing the depletion workouts in an hour???

Title. I've read tons of logs where everyone states it takes about an hour for the depletion workout, and even Lyle himself says in UD2.0 (if I'm not mistaken, been awhile since I've read it) that the depletion workout should take an hour.

The setup is (I'll withhold the bodypart breakdown to avoid divulging information to those who haven't purchased the book):
6x15
6x15
6x15
6x15
6x15
4-6x15
4x15
4x15

Which adds up to 42-44 sets. Each set requires a minute break in between and a full minute to perform the set. This means at a minimum, assuming you are fully able to jump right from 1 exercise to the next without interruption and take no additional breaks, the entire workout should take close to 1.5 hours. I'm just curious how you're all getting this time down to an hour because I would LOVE to have more time for cardio on the diet days, but I almost inevitably end up spending about 2 hours solely doing each depletion workout once I get done waiting for machines and trying not to throw up.
Unread 11-15-2017, 03:26 AM

You don't. These are macho statements. Even the math does not add up. If you do it right, take into account 2-3 hours.
Unread 11-15-2017, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinism View Post
You don't. These are macho statements. Even the math does not add up. If you do it right, take into account 2-3 hours.
Phew thpught ot was just me being sucky at high rep stuff. I never clocked one under 2 hrs using weights that'd leave me gassed by 60s rounds
Unread Yesterday, 11:48 AM

when I was in shape, at least 1.5 hours
Unread Today, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilalin View Post
when I was in shape, at least 1.5 hours
Since you're doing 45-50 sets total, where each set takes one minute of work and one minute of rest... that's a non-stop total of about 90-100 minutes.

You still have to move to another machine/exercise.
You still have to set it up correctly.
You still have other gym goers to wait for.
You still have to catch a breath and take in some oxygen.
And last of all, you still have to get yourself ready mentally each and every set/exercise.

If you can keep it below the 2 hour mark, you're doing excellent.
Unread Today, 08:08 AM

I've been able to get them done in about an hour and a half tops. It does take a pretty dead gym so I can do quads-hams-chest-back-calves as a giant circuit with about a minute or 2 rest between circuits. Then I'll do 2-3 sets & exercises for arms and shoulders usually as a circuit as well. If my gym was busy then I would have to usually do 3 sets on a machine at a time, which can then stretch the workout to 2 hours with a rest in between.
Unread Today, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightCrow View Post
I've been able to get them done in about an hour and a half tops. It does take a pretty dead gym so I can do quads-hams-chest-back-calves as a giant circuit with about a minute or 2 rest between circuits. Then I'll do 2-3 sets & exercises for arms and shoulders usually as a circuit as well. If my gym was busy then I would have to usually do 3 sets on a machine at a time, which can then stretch the workout to 2 hours with a rest in between.
If you drop volume, then yes, you can make it within 90 minutes. But that's not the point of depletion training.
Unread Today, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinism View Post
If you drop volume, then yes, you can make it within 90 minutes. But that's not the point of depletion training.
6x15
6x15
6x15
6x15
6x15
4-6x15
4x15
4x15

That's around 44 sets give or take for a day at the full volume of half the depletion needed for the week. At the high end of 1 minute per set that's 44 minutes. Take a minute break in between you're at just under 1.5 hours. I've only needed about 30-45 seconds between sets when I do it all circuit style. It's possible to get it done in a lot less time than 2 hours if you don't have to wait on machines.