BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-17-2017, 12:45 PM
Default Upper/Lower Limit Calorie Regulation

I've heard Lyle mention that even with reverse dieting you can't really change your set point and around this topic there is a lot of misconception with eating more vs. working out more intensely and burning more calories. With that said, it made me wonder.... assuming that a pound of fat is roughly 3,500 calories and I know I'm exaggerating here but let's assume someone at 35,000 calories in a single day. I have been under the impression that the body regulates to some degree that it is detecting an abnormal amount of food, so even though you theoretically ate 10 pounds of food, you might only gain a couple lbs of fat and maybe a couple lbs of water retention even though the math says you should gain a full 10 lbs of fat. is this true the body would regulate this unusual amount of food? If it is true, does anyone know of any literature online or books that go into more detail about this? Not that I suffer from doing this but the way the body works in this manner really fascinates me.