BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-12-2008, 10:21 PM

Default Current split

I need some help with my training split. Stats are 5'8", 170 lb., 14%. Goal is to improve body composition. I've accumulated a decent amount of SAT in the abdominal area and look pretty soft throughout the torso. Before I put on some weight and muscle, I was definitely skinny-fat.

I like to train Monday-Friday evenings. I feel better and find that I let go of all the stress that builds up from the work day. I also like to include some form of cardio in each training session. Is such a split a recipe for overtraining or am I okay here? The goal, at this point, is strictly fat loss. I'm unconcerned about strength until I feel better about my appearance.

My split the last three weeks has been:

Mon: upper/20 mins SS cardio
Tue: lower/20 mins SS cardio
Wed: ~35 minutes SS cardio
Thur: upper/ 20 mins SS cardio
Fri: lower/20 mins SS cardio

Too much cardio? Not enough rest? Reps generally fall in the 5-8 range in compound exercises and I include some assistance work in 10-12 rep range. Total sets per workout fall between 18-20.
Unread 03-12-2008, 10:56 PM
Administrator

assuming the intensity on the steady state cardio isn't that high, this should be more than recoverable from (bad grammar)