BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-17-2008, 05:45 PM
killkillkill

Default My own strategy. Please critque.

I guess I'll destroy this sections hyman. This is kind of my own diet that I'm starting tomorrow - taking the best of the bits and pieces from a variety of diet strategies and training philosophies. I was hoping that Lyle or someone with perhaps more intelligence than myself could give me any advice that would sharpen its' effectiveness .

Diet :
I'll be doing IF coupled with a steak and eggs diet for 1 week followed by a PSMF for 1 week - plan to cycle between these two ways of eating , week to week , which raises the first question : will this be effective?
The only tweaks here are a TKD approach regarding WO nutrition (25g carbs pre/40g post). Also should be noted that my pre WO shake will be the first meal to break the fast. Daily cals will hover between 1825 and 2000 for the steak and eggs week and 850-1000 for the PSMF week.

Refeeds : Refeed every 10 days w/ 400g carbs in a 24 hour period. Low GI carbs is what I'll be consuming.

Training : 2 heavy alactic acid sessions a week (using De Vanys 5/1's method). Basically , I'll use compound excercises and Ill do about 10 percent less my max for 1 rep , set weight down and wait 5 seconds , do another rep , rest 5 sec....repeat until 5 reps a completed. 5 reps = 1 set. 2 sets per body part , 2 body parts per workout.
Cardio on Alactic days = HIIIT on stationary bike immediately following weights. 10-12 seconds all out w/ 1 minute rest(no pedaling) for a atotal of 10 sprints.

1 lactic saturation session a week(or 2 depending on recovery ability once I get into the swing of things) to create a surge of GH. circuit style whole body workouts . Lots of opposite body tri-sets - chins to hack squats to military press with no rest between excercises. 2 minute rest then Ill hit bench press to abs to seated cable rows , ect.
Cardio on lactic days - 25 minute walk after workout at moderate pace.

I'm kinda still trying to figure out the problem presented by staying at low low cals for the entire week of the PSMF weeks. Maybe do a high protein refeed half way thru the week , raising my cals to about 2400 for a day? Or maybe 2 refeed days during those weeks?

Thats the plan. Alot of stuff in there from Lyle , De Vany , Martin, Dipasquale and basically logical science. As far as the training goes , I plan to lift very heavy on the alactic days and light on the lactic days and take a 1 week break from lifting after 5 weeks. I plan to run this diet for 10-12 weeks. I'm 6ft , 195 with a bf of I have no idea. I think its alot higher than it appears to be , so Im guessing it to be about 17 percent. If the cut goes well and I reach 12-13 percent Ill take a week off from dieting and then start UD2.0

Last edited by killkillkill : 02-17-2008 at 07:25 PM. Reason: I hate errors
Unread 02-18-2008, 11:47 AM
killkillkill

buehler.
buehler.
buehler.
Unread 03-01-2008, 11:14 PM

1) Why do you feel the need to switch back and forth between IF and PSMF? There really isn't anything ground breaking about either of the two approaches. I understand that they are very popular diets and quite a few people have had some nice results, however this does not mean that if one were to combine both dieting strategies together that they would reap some kind of additive effect, It doesn't work like that. Pick an approach (ideally one that works with your lifestyle) and stick with it.

2) Why do you feel the need to do depletion sessions and HIIT while you are eating a PSMF style diet? This does not make very much sense. You will end up working yourself into the ground sooner or later. When you are already in such a large caloric deficit you don't need to add extra cardio or training sessions. Your main focus should be to keep that damn weight on the bar.
Unread 03-02-2008, 05:26 PM
killkillkill

yea i dunno man i kinda disregarded that whole strategy haha
Unread 03-06-2008, 08:50 PM

JinKillKill?
Unread 03-10-2008, 10:44 PM

From what I've read in your other thread(s) you seem to switch around a bit between different styles of eating/training. How about sticking to one type of diet/training style for a while and track your results.
Unread 03-15-2008, 11:25 PM
killkillkill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invers3 View Post
From what I've read in your other thread(s) you seem to switch around a bit between different styles of eating/training. How about sticking to one type of diet/training style for a while and track your results.
b/c apparently im a troll.