BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > UD 2.0
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-23-2017, 12:15 PM

Thanks for the tip,

I've recalculated my macros for cycle 2. Reduced calories on diet days.
D1 P159 C40 F25
D2 159 40 25
D3 159 40 25
D4 130 291 30
D5 130 291 30
D6 159 40 12
D7 159 40 12

Here we go!

Last edited by patya91 : 06-23-2017 at 12:18 PM.
Unread 06-23-2017, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadQueen View Post
I went with the higher end of the spectrum for carbs since I am very muscular, was doing cardio, and liked to eat--lol. Ive done something called "carb back-loading" before which was a similar method of overloading carbs so I kinda knew how much my body would handle.

I dropped initial scale weight on UD2 the first week, then I did not lose significant scale weight during the middle weeks, but was clipped each week with calipers and was losing consistent body fat. According to my records, that year:

Started UD2 May 2nd @ 178.8
Ended UD2 June 26th @ 166.2

Depleted out a few more pounds of water and stepped on stage at 158 lbs that year.
Props! That avg's 1.5lbs/week and is a whole lot compared to how I've been doing. The prior 8 weeks to this I've lost ~5lb/week so that's what initially got me started to try UD2. (139-134lb). My goal is to get to 125 again. Hope to complete in 6-8 weeks!

What type of cardio did you throw in and how long did you usually do it for if it was steady state or LISS? I prefer HIIT for 20 min so hope that would be effective and optimal for results.
Unread 06-23-2017, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patya91 View Post
Props! That avg's 1.5lbs/week and is a whole lot compared to how I've been doing. The prior 8 weeks to this I've lost ~5lb/week so that's what initially got me started to try UD2. (139-134lb). My goal is to get to 125 again. Hope to complete in 6-8 weeks!

What type of cardio did you throw in and how long did you usually do it for if it was steady state or LISS? I prefer HIIT for 20 min so hope that would be effective and optimal for results.

UD2 is great--dial in those nutrients and you will likely have a nice result! I'll likely jump on again closer to contest within the next year. It's a great strategy to get lean and maintain sexy muscle & strength.

At this point in my UD2 experience, I was already very lean and needed to dial in for the show so I did both HIIT and LISS:

2x/week HITT: (6) 30 second sprints @ 12mph, 75 second rest (I personally needed this long) between each. 20mins seems a bit long to be doing HIIT. Generally if you can go for 20 full mins, you're likely just doing intervals and might be better off quickening your pace so you're actually achieving HIIT. Running at 12mph, I can be sure I achieved HIIT because there was NO WAY I could run any harder or more repetitions than 6. The body would not have made it 20 mins ever.

3x/week: 40 mins stairmaster (no hands holding on) or elliptical arctrainer @ level 15 slowwww and very hard to pump.

Keep in mind I did not START with this much cardio... I worked up to it over time as I got very lean.
Unread 06-23-2017, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadQueen View Post
UD2 is great--dial in those nutrients and you will likely have a nice result! I'll likely jump on again closer to contest within the next year. It's a great strategy to get lean and maintain sexy muscle & strength.

At this point in my UD2 experience, I was already very lean and needed to dial in for the show so I did both HIIT and LISS:

2x/week HITT: (6) 30 second sprints @ 12mph, 75 second rest (I personally needed this long) between each. 20mins seems a bit long to be doing HIIT. Generally if you can go for 20 full mins, you're likely just doing intervals and might be better off quickening your pace so you're actually achieving HIIT. Running at 12mph, I can be sure I achieved HIIT because there was NO WAY I could run any harder or more repetitions than 6. The body would not have made it 20 mins ever.

3x/week: 40 mins stairmaster (no hands holding on) or elliptical arctrainer @ level 15 slowwww and very hard to pump.

Keep in mind I did not START with this much cardio... I worked up to it over time as I got very lean.
Yikes 40 min on SM. Bane of my existence. Makes sense though and will dial it more in later. You are an iron beast. Thank you so much for all the tips!!
Unread 06-24-2017, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patya91 View Post
Yikes 40 min on SM. Bane of my existence. Makes sense though and will dial it more in later. You are an iron beast. Thank you so much for all the tips!!
Ahhhh, I love the stairmaster! When I first started bodybuilding, I had a coach who had me do it hands tied behind back... it kinda stuck with me, haha.

I am happy to help where I can
Unread 06-27-2017, 04:44 AM

I'm not sure if it's been said before, but you're not limited to 1200kcal on Monday-Thursday. I think the book gives it as a hard limit, but in reality you can go full RFL (PSMF) on UD 2.0 as well.
Unread 06-29-2017, 02:12 AM

1. As somebody else said, ignore the previous week and just carry on as usual.

2. Stop getting anal over the minorest of details. The author of the book himself said it may take a few times until you finally nail it, as in, until you finally learn how to get it more or less perfect for *you*.