BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > UD 2.0
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-12-2017, 03:39 PM

Thumbs up UD2 / Peak week carb load advice

Hey guys, I have been using the UD 2.0 for my physique comp prep with great results.

I have entered peak week with the show on Sunday 7 days away, the show is in another country so I will need to fly the day before. Has anyone got any ideas for the ideal day to kick off my carb load as I have been told do not eat carbs on the day I fly as I will hold water.

I was planning on loading Saturday morning following a tension session early morning with my flight being at 12noon but continue my load through the day as normal but have been put off about holding water.

Would you say a Friday evening tension and late evening carb up, stop Saturday morning and then resume once I have arrived?

Any suggestions welcomed.
Unread 11-13-2017, 06:56 AM

No one stage ready "holds water", they "hold" fat.
Unread 11-13-2017, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1cked View Post
Ok thanks for that!
Unread 11-13-2017, 06:43 PM

How longs your flight? Carb load on long flight could be painful.

No idea how to help. Very impressive that you can prep via ud 2.0. Tough protocol to run & even more difficult to get it right without quitting after a few bad carb loads. Ugh....

Good luck.
Unread 11-13-2017, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1cked View Post
Never competed have you? If you don’t time your carbs, water and sodium right it can smooth you out and make you “hold water.”
Unread 11-13-2017, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellleon_ View Post
Hey guys, I have been using the UD 2.0 for my physique comp prep with great results.

I have entered peak week with the show on Sunday 7 days away, the show is in another country so I will need to fly the day before. Has anyone got any ideas for the ideal day to kick off my carb load as I have been told do not eat carbs on the day I fly as I will hold water.

I was planning on loading Saturday morning following a tension session early morning with my flight being at 12noon but continue my load through the day as normal but have been put off about holding water.

Would you say a Friday evening tension and late evening carb up, stop Saturday morning and then resume once I have arrived?

Any suggestions welcomed.
Did you do any test runs of peak week before now? How did they go? If it was me I would probably do my last tension workout weds night and carb load for 24 hours. That way you still have time to see how you are doing with holding water on Friday before you fly to plan accordingly. Keep carbs moderate Friday and Saturday and do your normal pre-show plan Sunday. Probably do a very low volume, light workout Friday afternoon or evening. Just a couple of sets for everything to get a light pump.
Unread 11-14-2017, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightCrow View Post
Never competed have you? If you don’t time your carbs, water and sodium right it can smooth you out and make you “hold water.”
Npc classic physique. Please regurgitate more broscience from the 2000s for me baby