BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > UD 2.0
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-13-2011, 12:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicwaste View Post
If I am trying to maximize what I can do on chest exercises, I wouldn't want to do back exercises in between, that's just a personal preference.

I'm not sure why supersetting upper body with lower body is a terrible idea. I've never thought twice about it.
apparently you dont do squats and if you do you dont give max effort? i dont know about you but if i give max effort on a set a squats, there is no way i can give max effort to chest or whatever other bodypart. unless i wait 3-5 mins after my set of squats, next thing you know its been 10 mins since your last set of squats! i guess if you do a set of leg ext(which is what 90% of people do for their legs because their afriad to do real squats) then do a set of chest or whatever or would be doable!
Unread 08-14-2011, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman911 View Post
apparently you dont do squats and if you do you dont give max effort? i dont know about you but if i give max effort on a set a squats, there is no way i can give max effort to chest or whatever other bodypart. unless i wait 3-5 mins after my set of squats, next thing you know its been 10 mins since your last set of squats! i guess if you do a set of leg ext(which is what 90% of people do for their legs because their afriad to do real squats) then do a set of chest or whatever or would be doable!
Ahh, I see what you're saying. I don't superset big things like bench press or squats, I do those seperate. Then I superset all the smaller exercises.
Unread 08-18-2011, 05:50 AM

Thanks for the replies everyone! Sorry for replying so late since my internets been outta whack the last week or so.. feels like ive been living underground lol :P
@ hitman911 - Id really appreciate if you could impart some information on how you went about ur ud2.0 bulk. I will pm you.
Unread 07-25-2017, 10:22 PM

Question UD2 mass gain variant + specialization

I know this thread is ancient but it's the only one I could find that addresses the idea of incorporating specialization into UD2 mass gain variant.

I'm having trouble conceiving how I might go about formulating a specialization routine into ud2. Would I work it into both the tension and power workouts? Or just one or the other? How about volume? If anyone has done this or thought about it please share!

I know there are a lot more painless ways to go about bulking but ud2 and I are made for each other. I've done it for more that 3 months so I know what it is and what it takes.
I'm 6foot, 196 lbs at 8% the old tricks aren't working anymore and I need to move into specialization. It would be nice to make this work. Any suggestions/thoughts on how these two might be synthesized, other than the above posts which weren't extremely helpful?

"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
Socrates
Unread 07-26-2017, 07:15 AM

Depends on the way you want to specialize. Since UD 2.0 actually is DUP, you can training different aspects of your specialization exercises in DUP-format (speed, bodybuilding and power).
Unread 07-30-2017, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinism View Post
Depends on the way you want to specialize. Since UD 2.0 actually is DUP, you can training different aspects of your specialization exercises in DUP-format (speed, bodybuilding and power).
Thanks man! I had to look up DUP. I think I understand a little bit better now how to go about it but to be honest I think I need to give it a go as it is before and see if the DUP format as it is written will work for me and where I'm at before tweaking it.
I guess I just figured that since a regular progression where you're pushing wieght and volume equally across body parts, such as GBR, doesn't yield as good of results and regular progress that I would have to tweak ud2 mass variant to progress.

"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
Socrates
Unread 07-31-2017, 01:54 AM

I think in terms of progression/overload, there are better methods/formats (DUP is only a smart part of such a story). UD 2.0 has a lot of mechanisms specifically towards limiting/reducing the amount of fat. Not towards optimizing progression or overload. So please realize that even though you will absolutely be able to stay pretty lean, it may not be optimal and you MAY end up spinning your wheels or stall.