BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-27-2018, 07:39 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyLifting145 View Post
Well, looks like maybe the next new thing/fag/whatever might be specialization cycles:

https://3dmusclejourney.com/muscle-g...cycles-part-1/

Eric Helms wrote that, and like I said in my OP James Kreiger talked about specialization as a good way to approach things. Maybe soon everyone on the internet will be doing your spec cycles.

And I agree, doing anymore than 15-20 sets a week is overkill. GBR and any balanced upper lower is great for when you could handle it. I guess spec cycles is the winner over everything else. I even think about people like Layne who do PHAT, and then I think to myself, look at how many times he has been injured
Yeah, when did i write my specializtion cycle originally? I know I"ve been using it with peolpe for 10 years or more.

So yay.
Unread 08-27-2018, 07:40 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcahuetej View Post
Helm's has good stuff. I've been doing a slightly modified version of his novice routine for months now. I found there to be too much volume for me personally with the intermediate program (has you in the gym 5 days a week if I recall correctly).

I did cut intensity on this routine, and added more volume, but there's a caveat. I was more or less going to failure on most exercises, and I definitely wasn't hitting everything...or at least the volume at which I hit everything wasn't ideal. Helm's routine is more balanced, and has you cutting sets short of failure, with programmed deloads every fourth week (cutting sets and reps, but not weight on the bar).

I also modified the routine a bit to have more back work to fix my shoulder, plus I felt it was a little too geared towards chest stuff and some extra stuff for back was necessary, at least for me.
" I was more or less going to failure on most exercises, "

Beacuse no matter how many years someone has been doing this, they can still train like an idiot.
Unread 08-27-2018, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcdonald View Post
" I was more or less going to failure on most exercises, "

Beacuse no matter how many years someone has been doing this, they can still train like an idiot.
I let my ego get the best of me, and pushed more than I should have. It happens. Should have deloaded more often as well, but you can always justify "I'll wait until my next vacation and take a week off".

I also should have taken more diet breaks, and as I got leaner it was harder to maintain the weight. So exercises I didn't go to failure on originally, I started to go to failure on.

You live and you learn.
Unread 08-27-2018, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Yeah, when did i write my specializtion cycle originally? I know I"ve been using it with peolpe for 10 years or more.

So yay.
Having read Lyles books during college I gotta say most if not all the "new" bandwagon stuff has been there for years
Unread 08-28-2018, 03:11 AM

Man this Israetel dude with his stupid MRV concept that maybe works for his juiced body. I yet have to read something meaningful from him.

I remember when he claimed on FB that no one should bulk more than 4 months. So I DM'ed him and asked "what's the rationale behind that, any evidence, any study" and he said "oh no, that's just anecdotal from my own experience". Seriously, are they giving PhD's to random hardheads nowadays?
Unread 08-28-2018, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zLeeKo View Post
Seriously, are they giving PhD's to random hardheads nowadays?
While getting your PhD is certainly a lot of work, it doesn't guarantee you're smart. It just adds three letters to your name that makes it seems like you are.

You study something very specific, so you learn a lot about that one thing. You still need to keep learning in whatever area interests you beyond that, and/or applies to your career as it evolves.

There's probably plenty of people with PhD's who aren't that "smart".
Unread 08-28-2018, 07:03 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zLeeKo View Post
Man this Israetel dude with his stupid MRV concept that maybe works for his juiced body. I yet have to read something meaningful from him.

I remember when he claimed on FB that no one should bulk more than 4 months. So I DM'ed him and asked "what's the rationale behind that, any evidence, any study" and he said "oh no, that's just anecdotal from my own experience". Seriously, are they giving PhD's to random hardheads nowadays?
Yes.

I'v never seen him get a single thing right. In fact, everything he writes is usually the opposite of right
Unread 08-28-2018, 07:04 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcahuetej View Post
While getting your PhD is certainly a lot of work, it doesn't guarantee you're smart. It just adds three letters to your name that makes it seems like you are.

You study something very specific, so you learn a lot about that one thing. You still need to keep learning in whatever area interests you beyond that, and/or applies to your career as it evolves.

There's probably plenty of people with PhD's who aren't that "smart".
Getting a PhD used to be difficult. Now you need 5 years, your aprents money and a school that lets you get away with garbage

I've seen part of Bret's thesis. It is garbage science. But he went to a 'milennial' university (whatever that is) ranked 870th or something in New Zealand. Not in the world. 870th in atiny country. And he's a 'tard.
Unread 08-28-2018, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Yes.

I'v never seen him get a single thing right. In fact, everything he writes is usually the opposite of right
There was some podcast interview he gave that I only listened to so I could distract myself from morning cardio. Israetel was going on how MRV was only for end of cycles before a deload, blah blah blah. I've never seen him put that in writing, have to pay for the $100 program I guess. Of course you tell a gym bro he can do anything from 8-20 sets per bodypart a week and he's going to pick the 20 sets from week 1.
Unread 08-28-2018, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Getting a PhD used to be difficult. Now you need 5 years, your aprents money and a school that lets you get away with garbage

I've seen part of Bret's thesis. It is garbage science. But he went to a 'milennial' university (whatever that is) ranked 870th or something in New Zealand. Not in the world. 870th in atiny country. And he's a 'tard.

Ah, yes that's probably quite different than here in Boston. My company will pay for it, and the school's here are excellent. I'm also in the Biopharmaceutical industry, which is also quite good in the Boston area.