BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > The Protein Book
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-31-2014, 06:04 PM

Yeah I saw the price of the Body Fortress, tried it once (chocolate IIRC) and didn't like the taste either.

I went back to buying the Six Star Elite Series at Wal Mart which is a few bucks more (~$19 for 2 lbs which is 19 servings of 30g =~ $1.00 per 30g serving of protein). All of their flavors taste great, especially in milk, the Cookies and Cream being my favorite. They still taste OK (not great) in water, but I suppose that goes for any protein powder.

However seeing as how I am on Cat. 1 RFL and LBM of 158 lbs * 1.5 g/LBM = 240g per day of protein, this is getting expensive. I buy one 2lb tub a week. I actually started eating more pork chops and chicken breast lately, because they are actually less $ per serving of protien (I buy in bulk and freeze when on sale, grill off a big batch on weekend and eat all week), and in the case of the chicken breast, less cal/protein also! But you can't eat all that protein in a day, so I eat as much as I can and supp maybe 2-3 of my 6 "meals" per day with powder.

So, point being, still looking for the cheapest possible source of whey powder that tastes decent (or preferably, good ). I will look into some of the suggestions here, but welcome to others. I belong to Sam's and there are Wal Marts close to me, but not a member of Costco. I can order online of course, and would be willing to make a large order (5-6 or maybe even 10#) if it would save me money in the long run. I would just like to be sure before ordering that much that the stuff tastes good though first, and doesn't have a lot of crap in it.

Incidentally, I heard/read somewhere that Muscle Milk has a lot of crap (sugar, etc?) in it? Is that old news? I haven't read one of their labels lately.
Unread 04-01-2014, 09:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaLoseFat View Post
Incidentally, I heard/read somewhere that Muscle Milk has a lot of crap (sugar, etc?) in it? Is that old news? I haven't read one of their labels lately.
This is true if you look at the ingredients. Also I've heard Muscle Milk is people.
Unread 04-01-2014, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Retardo View Post
This is true if you look at the ingredients. Also I've heard Muscle Milk is people.
And lead and cadmium, which are both delicious.
Unread 04-01-2014, 11:35 AM

I've been using Cytosport whey from costco and the taste isn't bad. 12 pounds for $109
http://www.costco.com/.product.100086276.html?cm_sp=RichRelevance-_-categorypageHorizontalTop-_-CategoryTopProducts&cm_vc=categorypageHorizontalTo p|CategoryTopProducts
Unread 04-01-2014, 12:08 PM

on- 10lb bag for 105. something like 36g pro/serving for the double rich choco.
Unread 04-02-2014, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1cked View Post
on- 10lb bag for 105. something like 36g pro/serving for the double rich choco.
Where? Online?
Unread 04-03-2014, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaLoseFat View Post
Where? Online?
http://www.amazon.com/Optimum-Nutrit...utrition+10+lb

yes. looks like prices went from 104-105 to 111. but still, 33g/$ or so. must have been very recent, I remember 10 lb bags being 103-105$ for the last couple years or so.
Unread 04-03-2014, 07:56 AM

How about the Smart Powders brand? I believe you can get 10lbs for $70 or so. I think their chocolate flavor tastes very similar to carnation hot chocolate mix.(which I like) Supposedly third party tested although I never took the time to dig that deep.
Unread 04-03-2014, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocketcow View Post
How about the Smart Powders brand? I believe you can get 10lbs for $70 or so. I think their chocolate flavor tastes very similar to carnation hot chocolate mix.(which I like) Supposedly third party tested although I never took the time to dig that deep.
i have used smartpowders for other supplements but not for protein yet. give it a try, can't go wrong for that price.

http://www.fitrx.com/fitrx/detail_pa...85&i_brand=148

this is a nice deal I see throughout the year too. 10 lbs of dymatize elite for a little over 70 bucks. lotta flavors too.
Unread 04-04-2014, 04:29 AM

Speaking of Sam's and Walmart, they keep using the trick of keeping the same packaging but diluting the actual product. The Body Fortress Whey macros changed a long time ago, and back in February, the Muscletech stuff at Sam's Club changed. I remember seeing that the packages had changed with something like "New Improved Flavor" on the package. The Sam's I was at still had the old stuff.

I can't remember the exact comparison but the price was the same, but the serving per container had changed to 50 or 60% of the old stuff. It seems they put more filler.

I think I might order a big batch from TN when I run out of all the powder I have now as the shipping isn't so bad when you get a lot. I need to order a real lot so I can get the bulk discount.