BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-10-2017, 09:28 AM

Hey everyone! Back at it again with the RFL. Wanna see what you experienced eyes have to say about my BF%. Thanks in advanced!

https://imgur.com/SNGa45P
Unread 12-14-2017, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisGM View Post
Hey everyone! Back at it again with the RFL. Wanna see what you experienced eyes have to say about my BF%. Thanks in advanced!

https://imgur.com/SNGa45P
16-18%
Unread 12-14-2017, 02:11 PM

Interesting. Thanks!
Unread 12-15-2017, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriots2 View Post
16-18%
Honestly, (yes this is really splitting hairs) I'd go with around 15%. Definite abdominal outline. Especially if this is unflexed. I think the lower LBM is the reason it's not lower %. I think he'd be good to go with a moderate deficit and lift heavy with emphasis on progressive overload. Definitely some potential with this method.
Unread 12-16-2017, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysiologyIsPhun View Post
Honestly, (yes this is really splitting hairs) I'd go with around 15%. Definite abdominal outline. Especially if this is unflexed. I think the lower LBM is the reason it's not lower %. I think he'd be good to go with a moderate deficit and lift heavy with emphasis on progressive overload. Definitely some potential with this method.

Appreciate the feedback. Iíve been doing the RFL for a few weeks now and my lift numbers have just now started to drop a little. Iím assuming this means my deficit is a bit too large
Unread 12-16-2017, 04:47 PM

It means you're losing body weight, muscle glycogen and have low blood sugar. It's completely normal.
Unread 12-16-2017, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinism View Post
It means you're losing body weight, muscle glycogen and have low blood sugar. It's completely normal.
Ainít gotta tell me twice. Iíll keep hittiní the RFL!

Side note: RFL is amazing.
Unread 12-20-2017, 01:36 PM

Default DEXA scan results and photos??

Iím gonna be getting a DEXA here soon... was wondering if anyone would benefit from me posting my results along with photos on here...
Unread 12-21-2017, 01:11 AM

Sure, share it with us. There is a "thing" that DEXA is not as accurate as some believe. Having a visual alongside the numbers may make us more conscious about that. Please note that this does not mean the DEXA is wrong by default. Yours may be very accurate.
Unread 12-21-2017, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinism View Post
Sure, share it with us. There is a "thing" that DEXA is not as accurate as some believe. Having a visual alongside the numbers may make us more conscious about that. Please note that this does not mean the DEXA is wrong by default. Yours may be very accurate.
Youíre probably right on Dexa not being as precise as everyone says. Have you ever had one?

My initial Dexa in November said 8.2% (would have guessed I was closer to 11%) a follow up in December was 8.9% and I was leaner in December. Go figure. Tester was adamant the numbers were 100% correct both times.

The mirror and consistent use of calipers would probably work almost as well. It all comes down to how comfy each of us is with their look, something a number canít always provide.