BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Stubborn Fat Solution
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-21-2014, 07:43 PM

Nice work then. Great progress. Looking forward to seeing how this works for you.
Unread 03-21-2014, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loc View Post
Nice work then. Great progress. Looking forward to seeing how this works for you.
Thanks. As a frame of reference below is where I was a year ago. I was about 183 - 185 in that picture. Current pictures on page 1 are 165 - 168, which is where I've been stuck at for about 6 - 8 weeks now that I'm looking back at my numbers. Waist was about 34.5" around the navel last March, 31.5" currently. 31" jeans are now loose on me which is a first.

Unread 03-22-2014, 05:24 AM

Great improvement. If I remember correctly, you have/had a moderate deficit to achieve this slowly and you're the one talking about how FitBit helped you right?
Unread 03-22-2014, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake97 View Post
Great improvement. If I remember correctly, you have/had a moderate deficit to achieve this slowly and you're the one talking about how FitBit helped you right?
Yep that's me. I actually have photos all throughout the year, it's nice to see how the progress moves along compared to my weight, ab skinfolds, and waist measurements. In addition to that, all lifts in the gym remained the same or increased slightly.

I would say the Fitbit was the biggest reason for my progress. I have quite a bit of experience with the Fitbit, and have compared it to the Bodybugg. It really helps me understand what my daily maintenance is. Early on during dieting last spring things didn't move along as I'd hoped, then I started eating what the Fitbit said I was burning daily. There was a larger swing in my daily maintenance than I'd originally thought. It truly helps to dial things in.

For example, when I was running UD2 during my Sunday rest days I was actually eating at maintenance when I thought I was in a slight deficit. I would say the Fitbit really helps during a slight/moderate deficit, when a few hundred calories each day can matter. If you're doing something like PSMF the deficit is so large knowing what you burn each day is somewhat irrelevant.

It also is great to get you to move in general, and increase your NEAT. I realized if I don't make a conscious effort to move more, my maintenance would be around 2300-2400 calories, which sucks. Now I can slowly diet at 2600-2700 because I'm consciously walking more. Anyways, we'll see how things progress from where I am now to hopefully even leaner.
Unread 03-26-2014, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcahuetej View Post
Thanks.

That seems like a lot according to the book. How are your legs?
Not bad at all man, and I've done the sfp2.0 the day after legs too and was fine, I did 45 of liss before legs tho and will never do that again lol..
Unread 04-10-2014, 09:52 PM

Great progress, really inspiring. Overall NEAT really adds up, if you're active enough.
Unread 05-03-2014, 11:32 AM

Ok, here's the deal. 7 weeks post surgery, recovered and back in the weight room and running as well. I wrote in another thread, that my top end sets suffered slightly on a few exercises, everything else feels great or lighter in some cases.

Weight before surgery: 165 - 168. Waist: 31.5" around the navel. Ab skinfold: ~8.5 - 9 mm on average.

Weight this week: 165. Waist 31.5" around the navel. Ab skinfold 8.5 mm on average.

Squat before surgery on top set: 285 x 5. Post surgery 280 x 4

Decline press before surgery on top set: 230 x 6 (sometimes it was for 5). Post surgery 230 x 5

Hammer incline press before surgery on top set: 250 x 7. Post surgery 250 x 6.

I do these reverse pyramid, with a 10% decrease on the second set, and the second set is fine. Below are the pictures from before surgery first, and then from today. I've been eating at maintenance for the past 7 weeks, although I think I underestimated my maintenance the first couple weeks, and under ate. I'd like to start SFP next week, but I was curious if I should take another week to try to get those exercises back up to speed a bit. Doesn't appear I've lost any mass, and may have even been recomping the last few weeks. I may cut the weight a bit on those exercises because I was going to failure on that top set before surgery, and the same thing is happening now. I'd rather leave a rep in the tank rather than risk injury during dieting.

Pre-surgery:

Post surgery: Today

Last edited by alcahuetej : 05-03-2014 at 11:38 AM.
Unread 03-05-2015, 06:27 AM

Wanted to resurrect this thread, can't believe it's nearly a year since I started it.

Looks like a year ago I was 165 (actually was 168 right before surgery I believe, pictures are 165) and then I had surgery and was back at 165 in May of last year.

Currently sitting at 158.6 as of yesterday. Big Pecs Peter, you were correct, I didn't need the protocol to keep losing fat. Going on a diet break next week, then vacation and will continue slowly losing in April. I've more or less been using principles of the flexible dieting book from 163 to 158. Nothing complicated.

According to my DEXA scan I was 14.2% overall at 163.6 lbs. in July, which seemed a bit high based on pictures in another thread, but I carry more fat in my lower back/lower abs/arms/legs. My pictures were of my chest/upper abs which were 12% according to the scan. My goal is 155, which should put me roughly where I want to be ultimately, then decide on goals from there (might give a natural competition a whirl this summer).

Anyways, I posted this in this forum because I tried SFP 1.0 yesterday. I was between 3 and 4 hours fasted, and did 5 x 1' sprints on the treadmill at about 11 - 11.5 mph at a 1% incline, with < 1 minute rest at 3.3 mph at 1% incline. Followed by my usual SS cardio pace for about 35 minutes.

I noticed I had far more energy fasted and during this entire protocol then I normally did eating a protein bar about a half hour before hand and doing the entire hour SS cardio.

I apologize, no pictures as of yet to compare. I'm in a new apartment and the lighting is different, plus I'm tanned in the ones from the summer after the DEXA scan. I'll try to snag some post vacation tanned pictures with good lighting before I start this up again next month.

Last edited by alcahuetej : 03-05-2015 at 06:29 AM.
Unread 03-16-2015, 09:33 AM

I actually found I did better with SFP 2.0 than 1.0 because I just could not manage to get more than 6-7 intervals at that level of intensity. My second round was always less than stellar but knowing it was only 5 rounds each time helped me give it my all on both ends, at least from a mental standpoint. Whereas 1.0 left me wrecked for the steady state & beyond. And I would only do one advanced protocol session/week.

I guess my point is just don't be intimidated by 2.0 or feel like you have to do 1.0 for a while before you attempt it - it may actually be better for you although you clearly did just fine with 1.0. Obviously don't do any EXTRA SFP sessions either way & have fun.

RFL Round 2 Log (ended 10/25/2013)

UD2.0 Log (started 12/29/13)
Unread 08-04-2015, 06:49 PM

bump for update? Seemed like you were making great progress...where do things stand now?