BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > UD 2.0
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-03-2013, 07:28 AM

Default UD2.0 and TRT (testosterone replacement therapy)

Hi to all
quick stats: I am 47 years old. Been lifting for about 3 years. Last year with UD2.0 got to about 9% BF in 8 weeks from 15% (got to 175lbs and I am 5'9" tall). This winter got double surgery on my shoulders and went through Physical Therapy. My BF climbed to 14%. About 2 months ago I was diagnosed with low T and put on a standard 100mg Testosterone Cypionate once a week and HCG twice a week. Contemporarily I completed my "no lifting" period about 6 weeks ago and started lifting again. I also started the UD2.0 to lower my BF.
Since I started lifting again, and the TR Therapy and UD2.0, my weight has not basically changed, hovering around 172/175 lbs, my BF went from 14% to 13.2%, my measurements have all increased by approx. 5% and my lifting stats increased between 5% and 20%. Having had a successful BF reduction 1 year ago using UD2.0 I was hoping to see similar results. Instead while my strength and size has gone up (I imagine most of it due to the Testosterone) I didn't see the expected results in BF reduction. I am wondering if the TRT might negatively affect the diet results, but I can't imagine how. Or if I should tweak the UD2.0 somehow. As I said I used it successfully last year and I follow it religiously (I do though the PWO on Fridays)
Thanks to all
Ric
Unread 06-06-2013, 06:06 AM

ever since i got on trt ive been unsucessful at losing weight anywhere close to my previous ud 2.0 results. ive gained strength and size but weight has gone up like 20 pounds and bodyfat from 12ish to prob close to 20 ish
Unread 06-06-2013, 08:00 AM

What is your TRT dosage and when are you dosing it?
Unread 06-06-2013, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssg10587 View Post
What is your TRT dosage and when are you dosing it?
100mg Testosterone Cypionate once a week and 250iu HCG twice a week

It would be interesting to get Lyle's point of view....
Unread 06-06-2013, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acesfull33 View Post
ever since i got on trt ive been unsucessful at losing weight anywhere close to my previous ud 2.0 results. ive gained strength and size but weight has gone up like 20 pounds and bodyfat from 12ish to prob close to 20 ish
so that makes 2 of us ...

I am right now at 13.2% and today is the carb load day.....
But considering that I have been following the Ud2.0 strictly for 6 weeks and I started at 14% BF...

Curiously when I started TRT I was told by the doc I was going to get leaner

Last edited by RiccardoG : 06-06-2013 at 12:03 PM.
Unread 06-06-2013, 02:01 PM

Do you think any of it could be related to fluid retention? I seem to recall that being an possible side effect from hcg when the hcg diet was the rage (and even among people who were using real hcg and not some herbal version or whatever).
Unread 06-06-2013, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onefiver View Post
Do you think any of it could be related to fluid retention? I seem to recall that being an possible side effect from hcg when the hcg diet was the rage (and even among people who were using real hcg and not some herbal version or whatever).
Not sure. Hcg was prescribed to me to avoid atrophy of the testes, once own testosterone was shut down by exogenous testosterone.
I do not feel bloated but then if it is muscular water retention I wouldn't. So maybe that could be a cause. I will look into it (google )
Unread 06-06-2013, 04:15 PM

What bloated feeling are you expecting additional water outside of muscle to have?

Last edited by dkeltgen : 06-06-2013 at 04:19 PM.
Unread 06-06-2013, 06:38 PM

Out of curiosity, is it mostly subq fat or visceral?
Unread 06-07-2013, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onefiver View Post
Out of curiosity, is it mostly subq fat or visceral?
my fat is concentrated around waist, but I do feel my gut more protruding, I am less capable of keeping it "in" (gotta put more effort)