BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > UD 2.0
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-12-2013, 06:36 AM

Sounds like subQ water retention, might want to have your e2 levels checked. Do you know what your serum test level is on that does of test-cyp?
Unread 06-12-2013, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch View Post
Sounds like subQ water retention, might want to have your e2 levels checked. Do you know what your serum test level is on that does of test-cyp?
before TRT
Estradiol 16 (<= 39)
Testosterone 280 (241-827)
Test total 426 (250-1100)
Test free 56.8 (35-155)

After 6 weeks at 100mgxwk + 250iu HCG 2xWk
Estradiol 30 (<= 39)
Testosterone 883 (241-827)
Test total 909 (250-1100)
Test free 154.5 (35-155)

In 2 months I will be going for another complete lab
maybe it will be more clear then
Unread 06-12-2013, 05:07 PM

Everything is in normal range.

I couldn't imagine how TRT would be hindering the diet. I'd guess you're just retaining extra water and possibly storing more glycogen. The fact that your strength has increased on every lift (by a significant amount, ime) could mean that you're possible recomping a bit, i.e., losing fat and gaining some muscle.

Keep plugging at it until you complete 6-8 cycles. The visual results you want will come.
Unread 06-14-2013, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiccardoG View Post
before TRT
Estradiol 16 (<= 39)
Testosterone 280 (241-827)
Test total 426 (250-1100)
Test free 56.8 (35-155)

After 6 weeks at 100mgxwk + 250iu HCG 2xWk
Estradiol 30 (<= 39)
Testosterone 883 (241-827)
Test total 909 (250-1100)
Test free 154.5 (35-155)

In 2 months I will be going for another complete lab
maybe it will be more clear then
Going from such a low test level to slightly higher than normal level increased bw from glycogen storage is not at all surprising though your description of your abdominal area does sound like subQ water retention. I'm not sure if that e2 level would cause that but if it was a significant increase from your previous level it is possible. You might want try a dry carb load next time to see if it helpsq draw some SubQ water IM Lyle described how to do this in a previous post, search for it).

Berkhan suggests a couple shots of vodkda before bed.
Unread 04-15-2015, 12:43 PM

I have found that 100mg of testosterone cypionate per week on TRT therapy has a very peculiar effect. It seems that regardless of how much I lower daily caloric intake, bodyweight seems to stay relatively constant. I'll need to take measurements to see what's really happening here, but it is indeed odd. I've recently lowered my daily caloric intake to at or below 1500 kcal and still the bodyweight stays relatively constant.

I see others on here and other forums reporting similar experiences but have yet to determine if it's short-term stagnation or if the fat loss is actually being inhibited. I find the latter difficult to believe. In another thread Lyle suggested the effect was either muscle gain and/or glycogen/water retention cancelling out the fat loss. If so I guess that would suggest a short term effect. It has only been a couple months so more n=1 observation is in order here (including the measurements).
Unread 04-15-2015, 02:37 PM

Woah zombie thread. But I was fairly new in to TRT back when this thread first came up so never responded. My experience since then for prepping for 1 show last summer and doing the same thing this Spring has been fairly similar. It seems to make me hold more water than before even on reduced carbs. Likely due to the test causing water retention. I will need to play with it a few times prior to contest day because I feel like it lead in part to me holding more water than I wanted contest day.
Unread 04-15-2015, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightCrow View Post
Woah zombie thread. But I was fairly new in to TRT back when this thread first came up so never responded. My experience since then for prepping for 1 show last summer and doing the same thing this Spring has been fairly similar. It seems to make me hold more water than before even on reduced carbs. Likely due to the test causing water retention. I will need to play with it a few times prior to contest day because I feel like it lead in part to me holding more water than I wanted contest day.
Interesting. I've always suspected that water retention was partly responsible for the bodyweight staying same, but it stands to reason over time that if I continue reducing calories that fat loss should continue and outpace the water and/or glycogen retention. I'm resistance training very hard (heavy with as much volume as I can handle) but I'd be surprised if I'm adding that much muscle that fast. For example, my current caloric deficit "should" support fat loss of approx 2 lbs per week, but body weight has remained fairly constant for the past month? So to assume water, glycogen and added muscle are all the culprits is hard to wrap my head around, especially if the pattern continues. But like I stated above, I need to take measurements and calculate progress from that perspective as well.