BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > UD 2.0
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-22-2015, 07:24 PM

Default Post UD 2.0 weakness? Fainting feeling?

I finished a few weeks of UD 2.0 and got leaner than I have in my life. For some reason though starting from Day 6 or so I felt really weak and tired.

For example mid-day I would feel like passing out when I got up out of my chair (low blood pressure?) or would feel hypo after not having carbs for a few hours. Strength absolutely tanked by 20% after finishing UD 2.0. I can barely finish a workout in the gym and had to reduce my sets from 3x8 to 2x8. I felt like this before after coming off diets but not this bad.

Is this just a consequence of low bodyfat and/or too high insulin sensitivity? I'm assuming it will get better after a few weeks of maintenance.

Side question: Is it fine to keep taking EC while at maintenance until my body gets back to normal? The urge to binge is STRONG. I feel like I could easily eat 2000 carbs per day if I wanted.

Get to 10% bodyfat first while lifting weights heavy 3x a week with reduced volume. Two weeks maintenance. Bulk up slowly (1 lb weight gain per week max), focus on getting stronger, measure body composition changes often.

Last edited by lostmyoldaccount : 03-22-2015 at 07:32 PM.
Unread 03-23-2015, 07:30 AM

That dizzy feeling when you stand up is called orthostatic hypotension and the same happens to me when on low carb diets.
My strength also went down, but not by quite as much as yours.
It will get better.
No input on EC stack.
Yup, desire to binge happens to me to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostmyoldaccount View Post
I finished a few weeks of UD 2.0 and got leaner than I have in my life. For some reason though starting from Day 6 or so I felt really weak and tired.

For example mid-day I would feel like passing out when I got up out of my chair (low blood pressure?) or would feel hypo after not having carbs for a few hours. Strength absolutely tanked by 20% after finishing UD 2.0. I can barely finish a workout in the gym and had to reduce my sets from 3x8 to 2x8. I felt like this before after coming off diets but not this bad.

Is this just a consequence of low bodyfat and/or too high insulin sensitivity? I'm assuming it will get better after a few weeks of maintenance.

Side question: Is it fine to keep taking EC while at maintenance until my body gets back to normal? The urge to binge is STRONG. I feel like I could easily eat 2000 carbs per day if I wanted.
Unread 03-23-2015, 08:38 AM

I have a pretty strange doctor I see. I had the same light headed symptoms he asked me about my diet and found out my sodium is pretty low. He recommended increase sale salt intake because it was very low - typical BBing non-processed diet a lot of the time. That really helped me.
Unread 03-23-2015, 06:02 PM

Yes, I think salt helped.

I google searched this forum and it terms out the hypoglycemic feeling is normal when you get really lean? Someone else reported it after getting shredded on the UD 2.0.

So how do you deal with it? Take EC in the mornings to prevent binges which will increase insulin resistance? Or just carry around some slow digesting carbs?

Get to 10% bodyfat first while lifting weights heavy 3x a week with reduced volume. Two weeks maintenance. Bulk up slowly (1 lb weight gain per week max), focus on getting stronger, measure body composition changes often.